I did too much today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

My body is screaming--- all my muscles have that awful burning pain.

I can be a slug tomorrow but Monday afternoon I start a new job--PT.

going to lay down & snuggle with the heating pad.

2. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Beadlady,

I am really sorry to hear that you aren't up to par after a busy day. I think pacing is one of the hardest things to learn to do but not at all an easy thing either. When I don't pace myself I have been know to set myself up for a week or more in bed...not worth it.It'll get done when and if I can get it.Heating pad is one of my best friends.

Glad you've a new job and hope it goes well for you.
  3. Summit

Summit New Member

Oh, boy. Havnt' we all done that! Sometimes heat works, sometimes cold/ice. Put the ice on really sore muscles, then follow with heat. TAke some pain meds. Get some rest, but do some slow stretching excercises also. I have found that Ben Gay does help alittle (but stinks) but if you use it at night every night, it does have a way of helping those muscles stay soft and not knotting up. Capsacian cream (which gets really hot) also helps, but use Gloves and don't touch your eyes! Soak in a hot tub also. Try to think positively. Good luck on the job ! let us know how it goes!
  4. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I know how you feel. Overdid yesterday, I had a large lipoma removed from my back on Thursday and felt better yesterday.

Did laundry, changed all the beds, moved bedroom furniture (d'uh), now feel like a truck hit me.

Was supposed to work for a few hours today - no way!

Hope you feel better soon,
    Sue in Ontario, (I'm a beadlady too!)