I Do Not Like The New Board Format AT ALL..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, Aug 29, 2008.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I really think it has a disorganized look to it.In addition, I did not see my old posts in my profile. Are they just going to disappear or will they eventually appear on our profiles? This new format is a disappointment so far. Anyone else feel this way?

2. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I have to admit, I have been avoiding it. Trying to get the most out of the old board while its still here. I hate change when it concerns anything on my PC.

This is my first time to actually post on the new board. And no, so far, I don't care for the new format. I have a smaller monitor, and I hate to scroll right to see the rest of the page. Since I am not interested in anything on the left side of the page, and all the important stuff is on the right side, I have to scroll right on EVERY page. I have to scroll right to see how many replies a post has. And once I go to the thread page, I have to scroll right to see who wrote each reply... but not all the way right. I have to adjust it just right, or I can't see the whole message either. Plus, I have to scroll to get this reply box centered. I hate to scroll. And now I hate to type the word scroll.

Since I only post on the chit chat board, and don't care about seeing the list of the other boards, I would be happier if they put all that left side stuff on the right, so I can see the things I actually NEED to without scrolling. The info needed for the board we are on NOW should be the most accessible. The list of other boards should be on the right, out of the way.

A new updated look can be nice. But sometimes, certain things should stay the same. We are all used to looking at the left of the post to see the names of the people who replied. Was it really necessary to move that to the opposite side of the page?

The font is smaller and harder to read. The meaningless icons are just clutter. And while I am at it...what the heck is a "tag cloud"?

If the old board stays, I will stick with it. If not, I will adjust eventually. But honestly, if the layout stays like it is now, and I am forced to do precision scrolling, I doubt I will feel inclined to stay. It shouldn't be such a hassle just to read the messages and see who wrote them.

On a more positive note: I do appreciate the hard work that has gone into making the new board. It has a cheerful appearance and some nice extra features. I will get used to it eventually.
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

Well, I have webtv, and it can hold only so much information at one time, and I just discovered it "cuts me off right in the middle of something".

I, too have to scroll all over the place, and don't like it.

If it will end up being the only board, I may have to stop visiting here (or there, wherever the case may be).

All those "boxes" which don't mean much to me (I don't want to pick "favorites" or "friends"; I want everyone to be those.

We'll see what comes out in the wash...

4. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I think the NEW board has too much going on, it's way to confusing to use, and I don't like anything about it. Whatever happened to, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The new board is prohealthwellness NOT immuneesupport for those that are as confused as I am.... I am still using the OLD board.....
  5. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Are you logging on to the NEW website ProHealth Wellness, or are you logging in on the OLD website, Immunesupport???? There is a HUGE difference.....
  6. jmq

jmq New Member

I am in such foggy la la land, I did not even know about this other format until now! I am typing a reply and I do not even know where it will end up.

I miss my picture in my profile and the cute emotion faces....it made it more fun. This is also difficult to follow too. I vote for the old format.

Is there a way to change our icon at least??? No personality to this one!