I Do Not Want to Go for the Bladder test this week

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Jul 9, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hi all:

I can not stand it, but I am going to cancel my bladder scope this week. I do not want a tube going there to possibly 'snip' anything the doctor might find.

I asked one of the girls there if I would be sedated. She said 'no'. So: I am going to call the doctor tell him--sedation or I will not show up.

It is just that I end up hurting every muscle in my body from tension. No, I am not a baby (been through plenty of tests), but I have a mental block about this one. Has anyone had this done? On other tests I have been sedated.

Anyway, that is my plan. Any advice.

nyrofan
  2. livin4him

livin4him New Member

could I ask what you are having this done for.

I have had plenty of procedures on mine. I have int. cyst.

thanks
  3. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

I'm with you on this one. Never had a test like that, but any "invasion" I want to be sedated!! Just too hard on the nerves!! And if it's something that you need to be relaxed for, it's darn near impossible for me without the sedation!! Hope all goes well for you!!!
  4. tronda

tronda New Member

It wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. They numbed me from the waist down and gave me something to calm my nerves. I didn't feel anything and a few days later I actually felt better. The worst part of the whole thing was going to the bathroom afterwards. I was numb so I couldn't go and my bladder filled up so full. That is what hurt. They finally gave me a pain pill and I went. I had interstitial cystitis.
    Good luck to you whatever you decide.
    Rhonda
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Keep the appointment. If you don't do it now, you'll just have to do it some other time. Might as well have it behind you.

I've had my bladder examined from every angle with every instrument since I always have blood in my urine when tested. I hate it too but sometimes you just gotta do stuff. For one of the tests I was given an anesthesia. Are you sure you won't be?

The test doesn't last long but there is some stinging when you urinate for a day or so. See if they won't give you something like Valium, etc. if you don't already take it. If you do take it now, take an extra one with the doc's OK.

And do have a ride to and fro, don't plan on driving as I did. I had a friend with me but she doesn't like to drive in city traffic. :>P

Marta
  6. mary124

mary124 New Member

Keep your appointment.
    I have had every test you can think of. Most of it wasn't that bad, just hurt when you went to the bathroom!
    I also have I. C. Was dx with it in 1982. ( probably had it before then as I had symptoms before being dx). Good luck and let us know what is going on.
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I have this done every three years and really it is pretty quick and painless. He numbs the urethral area, suirts liquidn up and it flows out as he looks on screen.

I would really go ahead and do it and for this big reason. I had two brothers with bladder cancer due to environmental toxin exposure as kids. One had the scopes done(and worse for a man as the tube is longer)and the carcinoma insitua snipped out. The other brother would not go and ended up dying for no good reason as it is totally curable usually.

Please go, as honestly you will be OK, it is over before you know it, it is more painful having a gyne really, I promise you.

Love Anne Cromwell
  8. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I don't blame you not wanting this nyrofan. I had it done in day surgery last year under general anaesthetic , & a bladder stretch at the same time. The whole procedure made my CFS & FMS much worse, & gave me awful bladder & urethral pain for weeks. The stretch didn't last because the IC made my bladder shrink back again - I've been offered another one.

I've also just had a urodynamics (probes everywhere I'd rather not have one, & bladder filled with saline until I wanted to scream) test that hurt like absolute hell & has made my urethra feel as if it's full of stinging nettles & knives. These tests only tell us what we already know - that we have IC as part of our FMS/CFS illness.

If I were you I'd ask for medication (Elmiron, Detrol etc.) & follow the IC diet instead of this procedure.
  9. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I have no info to offer on the proceedure you need but just wanted to say that I noticed all the problems you are having lately and I wanted to let you know I was thinking of you...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia