I don't but does any one with chemical sensitivities smoke?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, May 13, 2006.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

TIA Shelbo
  2. sherri_baby

sherri_baby New Member

I don't know if I have a bad case of chemical sensitivities or not but I do get ill when I am arround perfume or any thing like that.

Just like stormy I smoke the additive free ciggs and they don't seem to bother me but I also am planing on quiting. I just have the habit soooo bad.

sherri

3. shelbo

shelbo New Member

chemicals in minute amounts..did you know this? I found this out by accident from a health magazine article. Shelbo
  4. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I did for a long time but quite in 1997 and yes I have chemical sensitivities. Nicotine is one of the hardest drugs to kick. I had too because of surgeries that I had to have and they could not be performed unless I quit. I felt so much better and now the smell of cigarettes make me sick.

My husband still smokes but he does go outside. The smell on him (especially if the weather is cold) makes me have to keep away from him.

It is causing problems with our relationship because I am becoming more and more sensitive to it. I wish it did not bother me. I'm already causing him enough problems without complaining about this too.

[This Message was Edited on 05/13/2006]
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Only 6 or less a day, and always outside. I've been sensitive to too much second hand smoke since I was a teen though, and I'm super sensitive to it now that I don't have it at home.

but I still have to say, the chemicals in airfresheners, scented candles, incense and all those other scented everythings people use are still worse than the chemicals in smokes. People ask me all the time, if I'm so chemically sensitive, how can I smoke? But that's wht I try to tell them. People just don't know what a toxic environment they live in every day, cigs are really just a drop in the bucket as far as I'm concerned.

Jeanne