I don't know-- do I really have fibro? Update-YES! I do

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peachums, Jun 16, 2009.

1. peachums

peachums Member

I am wondering if I have arthritis. My rheumy sent me for blood work and x rays. I have not heard anything on the blood- so that was probably normal. I just had the xrays done so no results yet.
    My arms hurt so bad I could scream. Could it be arthritis in my neck? I have psoriasis...maybe it is psoriatic arthitis.
    I do take ultram er 300 mgs. That has stopped the hip and ankle pain but not the arm/hand/finger pain.
    I started saying "I am a chronic pain patient" instead of "I have fibro".
    I wish there was a test for fibro...
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2009]
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I think once your xrays come back, you'll have a lot more information. I'm not sure if blood work shows normal arthritis, but it would show RA, if that's why your Doc was checking for.

Do both of your arms hurt the same? I know when my Mom had neck problems (ended up with a really rough cervical fusion) one arm hurt, one didn't - from how the nerves were being affected. Does your neck itself hurt? do you have complete movement in your neck?

Can you take anti-inflammatories? If you can, see if taking any helps that at all. No inflammation with fibro.
    However, you could have both, like many people have things in combination w/fibro.

That doesn't sound very uplifting does it? Im sorry! Not meaning to sound that way.

Let us know how your test results come back!
  3. maggie428

maggie428 New Member

I ache all over but after I take some meds in the AM I feel pretty good until later in the day. I have Fibro plus I do have Osteoarthritis. I also have Psoiasis, that I have had for years but it is not to bad. Fibro is so hard, as you look fine but you do not feel fine as it affects you in so many different ways. Think the fatigue is the hardest to cope with. Getting up in the morning is very hard. But Coffee and meds do get me going. I do get achy in my upper arms and my fingers hurt in the morning.
  4. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I have psoriasis too and i have psoriatic arthritis along with it. I am on Humira and it has 100% completely taken away my psoriasis (which i had over 70% of my body). I am so thankful for these shots. However, it has not helped the pain at all, so my doctor does think i have fibro as well.
  5. peachums

peachums Member

I am best in the morning and worse as the day goes on. I rest from noon to about 3. I am in bed by 9--can't always sleep but I have to lay down.
    Dr says because I am worse as the day goes on - I have fibro. Arthritis patients are worse in the a.m. BUT I am prone to tendonitis and psoriasis so that sounds like PA.
    Who knows???
    No results yet from Dr but I will tell you one result we can all agree on-- Pain is pain is pain--no matter what the cause!
    thanks for the responses.
  6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Have you had a Tender-point exam by a doctor who diagnoses FMS? I think that plus your symptoms can distinguish FMS from other conditions.

7. peachums

peachums Member

had blood work (lupus and R/A) and x rays (osteo and Psoriatic arthritis) and I am good. I have nothing! I guess I should be glad but now I know I have fibro.

I have this unrelenting, aching pain in my arms that can now only be explained by fibro.

Yes- I had the tender point tests years ago and it was positive. I did not want to have fibro....

Anyway- is there some kind of welcome back party we get? There has to be something good to this...