I don't know if I am in the right place?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LeDanser, Jan 24, 2007.

1. LeDanser

LeDanser New Member

I don't have any idea if I have a problem (well, I have a problem but I don't know what it is caused by) that can be decided upon here.
    I am a 25 yr. old mother of two. And ever since I was a week old my absolute favorite past time is sleeping. For as long as I can remember all I have ever wanted to do was sleep. At any given time during the day I could lay down and sleep for at least 2 hours. I am always tired, I never feel like I got enough sleep, when I sleep anywhere from 6-10 hours a night. When I was a teenager I slept 12-15 hours a night. Unfortunatly I can no longer live that type of lifestyle. I never wake up in the morning and feel refreshed, I am extremely irritable and grumpy. Always have been, and hopefully won't always be.
    The only time I have ever felt "normal" and by normal I mean feeling satisfied with 6-8 hours of sleep, feeling refreshed in the morning, and Happy, is when I was pregnant both times. That is the ONLY time in my life that I have ever experienced anything like that, EVER.
    Is my problem, psycological, hormonal... what? Does any of this ring a bell with anyone?? I could really use some help here. Thank you.
  2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

If there is any other information that you can give us that may help. Do you have any other symptoms? Do you feel ill? Do you have any pain? Do you feel ill after exerting yourself ie can not tolerate exercise or physical activity or emotional stress? Anything else?

I am just trying to gather more info so that we can get a better idea of what might be going on. Have you seen a doctor about this and if so were any tests done? Have you ever had your thyroid checked?

I only asked about the thyroid because if you felt good when pregnant that could suggest a hormone issue.

Sorry you are feeling this way. Believe me we can relate which I am sure is why you are here. Hopefully you don't have CFS but if you do you have found a great place with a lot of info that may help you.

Take Care,
    Pam
  3. LeDanser

LeDanser New Member

I don't have any pain, um... I have a very hard time trying to motivate myself to exercise because I feel like I'm always too tired to get started. I do just about everything I can to avoid conflict because I don't deal well with emotional stress. I have never talked to a doctor about this problem, mainly becasue I didn't know it was a problem until I was pregnant, people always just said I was lazy. I currently don't have any insurance so going to the doctor for tests is slightly out of the question at the moment. That's why I am here.

P.S.
    My kids are 18 mos. apart so for about a 3 year period now I didn't focus on me at all, until now.
  4. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Hello, I would definately say you should have a sleep study done.

I've felt the same way since I'm a teen, my sleep studies showed alot of stuff going on.

Just a thought, has your doctor ever suggested this?
  5. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Sorry that you don't have any health insurance right now. That makes things much more difficult for you. Will you have health insurance soon or is this going to be the status for a while?

I would say that you really need to have some tests done. There is a lot of information on this board but it will be difficult to rule out many things without tests.

If you have just the fatigue with no other symptoms at all than I would say that it isn't CFS. However I don't know your situation and I am not a doctor so I can't tell you for sure.

If you can get some tests at some point that would be best. It very well could be a thyroid problem or a B12 deficiency. A number of things can cause fatigue so it is best to get tests. I saw over 20 doctors and had tons of tests done before they could diagnose me with CFS.

For now since you don't have insurance I would say go to the CDC website and look at the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome information. Here is the link http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/
    This tells you all about CFS and the symptoms. If you read up on it and see that you have the symptoms listed than you may very well have CFS.

I would also look up some info online about thyroid problems and B12 deficiencies. Maybe one of these things will match up with what you are experiencing.

I wish I could help you more. Search on this board. There is a lot of good information that may help you.

Good Luck and Take Care!
    Pam