? i don't know if i should stay home from son's football game ton

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Sep 8, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it starts in about 4 hours....it is a huge game...it is also being televised...if i had comcast channel 400 i could watch it tonight...

but i don't...the game is 55 miles away...cody was ill w/ibs and missed two days of school and practice...so he must not play the first half, a quarter for everday missed...league rules...

so i am trying to decide if i should just stay home and catch up on some things...take trash out etc...clothes...dishes...put them away from dishwasher...

take a shower would be nice too..

start studying again for next weeks test in math...

i am tired been up since 7 am..couldn't sleep worth beens...the usual complaints plus i am feeling i am getting the tendonitis in the left arm as well as the right...thank god i see the physical pain docotor again...soon..

i met w/state voc rehab..sounds good...so far...

then came home. paid auto insurance over phone...then i was about to pay the cable bill and phone bill over the phone then i saw it was from the high schoolt....

cody needed me to bring him his shirt and tie...i said where is it...in his closet..i found his suit coat...and a really nice shirt that buttons up to collar it is a tuxedo type minus the collar overhang...anyways pretty flamboyant very nice..

pants...shoes...etc..

well this is a huge game televised live...i asked him if he thought i should show up tonight..he said don't bother...he couldn't play the first half anyways...

i just keep thinking what if he does play...and i miss something special...or i show up and he doesn't play at all...so i sat there for hours in a car and on bleachers maybe a little cold...

all for nothing....except to watch this big game...

cody's school is the one to beat this year they won there ncs league last year...and now they are playing foothill a higher caliber school....best way to put it..if we win that is huge huge huge..

jodie
  2. encantare

encantare New Member

It sounds to me like you need the rest at home. Your son told you to stay home, its too bad you can't watch it on tv. It's such a long way to go, and makes for a long day when you're trying to catch up on things. Will any other family be there? There are going to be a lot of other games this season too, don't forget! I hope this helps a little. It just sounded to me like you really need the time to recoup. Good luck!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2006]
  3. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I just finished reading your bio, and it sound like sitting in the bleachers would be awfully hard on you with all you've got going on with your poor body.

Also, sound like you've got a great son, and every reason to be very pound of him.

I sure can't help with with this one. I know it would be a hard one for me too.

If you go, try to do all you can to take care of yourself, and to stay out of pain as much as you can.

Take care,
    Barb
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

this so tough...for me...i have considered even going and renting a car so i can have music when i drive there...

i'll be back...not sure if i want to spend all that money...

trying to find a good deal on a rental car or i may chance drive my car..

jodie
  5. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

So I found my way to these boards and fancy meeting you here. My long distance is off for now until I can pay the bill next week. I would say just stay home and rest. I can understand you feeling obligated to go too though. In 15 years, I might be in the same boat. We've been having rainy weather here the last couple days and it's been making me hurt pretty bad, still gotten a few things done though. I'm half way done with my midterms class and caught up with my pysch and communications class. At least these classes are a@@ kickers like Chem and my algebra class was online. I would be going insane. Well have to get your neice and nephew to bed. Hope Cody is feeling better.
    Brooklynne has been worrying me some, been saying her arms and her legs hurt a lot. Don't know if she is saying it because it's for real, or if she's just saying it to say it and get some medicine. I don't give it to her all the time when says it but with our family history, oh I would just feel awful if the poor thing had it this young.
    Anyway, I have tomorrow off, my days off are changing. I'll be off Thurs, Fri, Sat. Give me a call.