I don't know what to do? How much time do I give for treatment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by place, May 7, 2006.

1. place

place New Member

Hi,
    I have been taking Nortriptyline for sleep, for about 6 weeks.

Somedays I feel like its working other days I feel like I am getting worse than before I took the meds.

How long do you give treatments before you try something else. This last few days have been really tough and I feel like I am getting worse!

I want to get a sleep study done to make sure I am getting into stage 4 sleep with this med but I have a feeling the doc will say, lets wait and see "the proff is in the pudding"

In the meantime I feel like I am worse on my bad days and better on my good days.

Is this just nuts or what?
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but i would think it is about time...to figure if this is working for you or not...or clase too it...

have you tried klonopin
  3. place

place New Member

I think that is what I am going to do. I am a very type A person who has been told all her life that she needs to be patient!

I really want to try Xyrem, but I feel like I should give my current treament from my doc a fair shake.

Thanks!

PS, is your last name place?
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Elavil and Flexeril. Both helped with sleep but left me groggy the next day. Also, I put on a lot of weight rapidly with them both.

I actually took Klonopin for anxiety and sensory overload but it also helped me to get good quality sleep.

Love, Mikie