I don't know what to do...someone please advise me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by brella, Jul 7, 2008.

1. brella

brella New Member

hi i'm sarah. i've posted on here before, a long time ago. i'm not sure if i even have fibro but a few doctors have said i might. my main issue i want to talk about are my symptoms. i am extremely sensitive to pain everywhere on my body and have muscle and joint pain everywhere, classic fibro stuff...

however, these symptoms aren't what bother me...its the weird other symptoms that freak me out. for example, i have headaches pretty much everyday. the pain starts in my neck and rises up to my head. i have throbbing and the pain is usually really bad. i also have weird visual things that happen like tunnel-like vision. i also have something that happens where for a split second i'm not there...like my vision goes blank and my mind goes blank.

so these types of symptoms really freak me out because they make me think i have a life threatening condition like a brain tumor. i want to see if other people have weird things like this that happen to them. i freak myself out so bad about this stuff that i caused myself to get an ulcer.
    i want some feedback...i have no doctor or health insurance and i would not like to go to the urgent care or ER every time i have a weird symptom.

please someone give me some insights!
  2. annade

annade New Member

I have fibro and with that often come headaches, sometimes migraines and sometimes just tension headaches. I also "blank out" for a split second on a relatively regular basis and it feels like I loose vision for that split secong and then I can refocus. Have no idea why I have, but know I don't have a brain tumor as I have had a brain scan which was normal. I just chalk it up to a weird symptom and don't worry about it. Hope this helps alleviate your anxiety.

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Is there a clinic you can go to where they charge on a sliding scale.

I know these symptoms can be frightening and could be from FM. However it could be caused by many other things.

I know that fear can be paralyzing but would hate for you to wait, even for a benign condition, to become worse. There may be relief out there, especially if it is something like migraines. But I am not a doctor.

I do not know what to tell you about the no doctor, no insurance. A sad statement about our health care system.

Maybe others might have some healthful information about that.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Have you tried checking to see if there is an indigent health care program run by the state or the county.

I used a program like this and the health care was very good, better than Medicaire. I paid a small copay.

Start at the Medicaid office - they should all the programs you could qualify for (I had to apply for medicaid and then get a denial).

I do not have these types of issues but I would consider a neurologist. It make just be fibro but it would be good to have it checked.

I saw a neurologist through the indigent health care program that I was on.

Good luck,
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

I doubt my Dx so often because of these weird symptoms. They come and go sometimes last long, sometimes not.

One reason I doubt is I don't have the pain others speak of with fibro, just weird "spells". I do have aches especially deep to the bone leg aches , fatigue but they aren't the scary ones.

I have had the black out feeling, like I was gone for a few seconds, scares the heck out of me. My vision is a mess at times, blurry, and bright lights really have an effect on it. I don't have the neck pain, could it be you have hurt your neck that could be the cause of the neck pain and headaches?

My doctor has been useless as he doesn't have a clue what I am talking about, says its probably anxiety, yes, I do have anxiety/depression since this DD or whatever I have.
    Oh, he did say if it comes and goes not to worry, its when it last and gets worse then we will worry.

My symptoms vary from day to day somedays weird somedays not.

Sorry, I am of no help but can somewhat relate.
    Can you go to ER or Urgent Care when you have a "spell" . Its a shame so many are doing without insurance and can't get the help we need.

God Bless,
  6. brella

brella New Member

Sorry I didn't reply for so long. But yes, this post helped not feel alone. Most of the things you described are what I feel too.
    I guess I just needed someone to tell me they feel these things to so I stop having anxiety that I'm dying!
  7. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I have had migraines and the headaches that start in your neck and work there way around your head~ not fun ~scared me the first time and I'm used to headaches and migraines but never had one like that before.

It seems like every week or so I get a new symptom or new part of my body decides to join in the pain.

Wanted you to know you are not alone.

Gentle hugs, Susan
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2008]
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

I get these too! The only thing that helps is an ice pack for 20 min. or so.

I think mine is inflammation or a "viral" headache, something that inflames the lining of the brain. That's not life-threatening, but it sure feels like it. Vision problems go along with it for me, too.

Please, do go to your Medicaid/welfare office and tell them you desperately need health care. They will assist you every step of the way. You may only have to pay $5, depending on your income or lack thereof.

You'll be assigned a primary care dr., and he'll refer you to others who may understand your condition better.

I hope you get some relief, someway, somehow, soon. You are making yourself overstressed with worry.

Let us know how you are more often, will you? We do care.

9. Honora88

Honora88 Member

If you have no money and health insurance, please check out tong ren. It's accomplished miracles for me and I was spending 700 on out of pocket doctors and supplements a month. Now I spend 0 on supplements.