I don't know why I was surprised

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gheetar, Mar 19, 2003.

1. gheetar

gheetar New Member

just recieved our paper work for insurance for disability coverage and life insurance for our auto loan. I was made second on loan because of my being on SSDI. Ql.is about having been diagnosed or treated for Diabetes, neurological Dis,stroke,cancer,TB,Aids etc. if so, you don't qualify for Life and /or disability insurance.
    Q2.reads: Have you within the past 12 months been diagnosed or treated by a physician for having any of the following conditions or diseases Back or Neck Disorder, Nervous or mental Disorder, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Carpal Tunnel
    Syndrome or Fibromyalgia?
    Q3.Are you currently unemployed or working less than 30 hours per week?
    If you answer "yes to questions 2 or 3, you do not qualify for disability coverage. If you answered "No" to question 1, you qualify for life insurance.

This is the first time to see this in print. I knew I couldn't get health insurance because of pre-exsiting conditions, but for some reason I was really surprised when I read this.
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I bought my truck almost a year prior to my diagnosis. Since I financed him through the same credit union that had financed 5 other vehicles for me, there was no problem getting disability coverage on this loan too. Thank God I did, because when I had to retire, I could never have kept up on the payments. I almost wish I'd known for sure what was going to happen. I might have bought a newer rig. I'm happy with this one though. At least we can work on it if something breaks.
    Kathryn

[ advertisement ]