I don't lknow what's worse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emttoni, Sep 24, 2002.

1. emttoni

emttoni New Member

Having to deal with this DD or dealing with those DD (dumb doctors)! In the last 8 years I have had to research, dx myself and then convince these drs. I had low thyroid, depression, gallbladder problems, pcos, cfs and now fms. What is it with these people? I'm getting to where my dr. hates to see me coming in to his office with a stack of papers cause he knows I have been researching again! lol. I know - change drs - right? Well, I am in VERY tiny town and we have only two doctors offices and the insurance I have only covers them and I have been thru both of them! I will keep on tho - I figure sooner or later they will get tired of seeing me and start listening. The squeaky wheel you know! (And I am a very big sqeaky wheel! lol) Gentle hugs to all!~~
  2. emttoni

emttoni New Member

Having to deal with this DD or dealing with those DD (dumb doctors)! In the last 8 years I have had to research, dx myself and then convince these drs. I had low thyroid, depression, gallbladder problems, pcos, cfs and now fms. What is it with these people? I'm getting to where my dr. hates to see me coming in to his office with a stack of papers cause he knows I have been researching again! lol. I know - change drs - right? Well, I am in VERY tiny town and we have only two doctors offices and the insurance I have only covers them and I have been thru both of them! I will keep on tho - I figure sooner or later they will get tired of seeing me and start listening. The squeaky wheel you know! (And I am a very big sqeaky wheel! lol) Gentle hugs to all!~~
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Don't know if it'll make you feel any better or not, but I live in a major metropolitan area, and the doctors here are just as bad as yours. Which is why I just use them to get my meds and otherwise stay away. As you said, you are already doing it all yourself, so how much do you actually need them for?
    I have been "priveledged" to serve on a few panels of doctors and others dealing with FMS, and I can tell you that most doctors do not want us in their practices. Our problems are too complicated, take up too much time when they are pressured by insurance companies to spend no more than 10 mins. per patient, and our problems are mostly not fixable, which makes them feel they are wasting time seeing us at all. They also think most of us are neurotic, not realizing it is their attitude that makes us so desperate and strident. There are some who don't feel this way, but they are few and far between, esp. among docs who've been practicing for awhile and are getting burned out. Luckily, most of what we know can be done for FMS, are things you can do for yourself, so just go ahead and do it and don't let the ba**ards get you down.
    Klutzo
  4. pamela

pamela New Member

I too am seeing all kinds of dr.'s and also psych's and they seem to think it's in my head. The only one that's half way supportive is my pain mgt. doc. The only reason I am seeing a phsyc. doc is to get my meds through my pain mgt. doc. Basically it's to please the pain mgt. doc. since he sent me to these other doc's. Nobody knows what this disease is, really. They say.."Oh I have heard of it but do not know much about it." Strange coming from someone thats suppost to be coming from med school. But my dad was a dentist and he really got fed up with how they were running the students through ALL the medical schools like cattle and not taking important time to teach them what really should be taught and how to treat patients. It's changed these days in med school on how they are teaching everybody. Modern science...crap. Anyway, this is the reason so many of these posts you will read on here are a lot like what you just wrote. Actually the medical industry has turned into a big money maker type business instead of healthcare and that's why my wonderful daddy got so mad and disgusted. He was the best!!! Pamela
  5. alomasp

alomasp New Member

amen ,pamala you are right on the money!!!!!!i agree!!
    alomasp
  6. emttoni

emttoni New Member

Well, I had my "follow up" visit on the tailbone today. Got to the dr and they didnt have the results from the ct scan yet so they went looking. Found out 15 minutes later that the radiologist only comes in once a week to read the scans and today was the day and he hadnt got to mine yet. Had to reschedule for next Wed. hoping by then they should be done. Since I was already there and being charged for it, I told them to have him come in and give me refills on my pain pills and prozac. Finally got out of there with scrips in hand and appt for next week. Until then my new found friends! lol (I'll be reading and posting in the meantime - got a new "addiction" now and cant stay away)!! Gentle hugs to all! ~~