I don't meet medical criteria...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KateMac329, Apr 17, 2006.

1. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hi all,
    To be short and sweet my insurance company denied my prescription for Celebrex because I don't meet medical criteria.

I just feel so hopeless because not only did the insurance reject the prescription but my doctors office told me to "just" take some ibprofen when I asked them what I was supposed to do for the pain.

I know many of you have been in the same boat I am in and it just feels so hopeless!

((HUGS))

kate
  2. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

LOL

Should I rub my belly at the same time? LOL

Thanks for the reply!

kate
  3. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

never worked for me. In fact, I found that some OTC drugs worked better.

Did you ask your doctor to prescribe something similar that the ins. co. will cover? Why do these ins. co. think they know more than our drs? Where did they get their medical degree?

Don't give up. Research and find something else that will give you the relief you need.

Linda
  4. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Do the hokey pokey and turn yourself about, cause that's what it's all about.............

In all seriousness, I've heard dark cherry juice at health stores may help, and for some people, noni juice helps.
    (But not for myself). Noni has never helped, and I've tried about 10 quarts over a period of time..

Can you find another Dr. who can help with your insurance? Sometimes they have ways...
  5. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

You may need to get a letter of medical necessity. Your doctor can write one for you. Some times you just have to fight these ins. companies.