I don't understand the board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Leaknits, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

1. I log in, go to message boards.
    2. I click on the now-separated (why?) Fibro or ME/CFS board.
    3. I end up either in Your Account or a board I didn't want.
    4. It seems...I could be wrong, F/ME/CFS will make that happen...that the posts on F & ME/CFS boards are the same.
    5. I don't understand the view counter on the boards. Was there a choice made between "notify me if anyone responds to this post" and "How many times was a post read?"
    6. The view counter is deceptive when a person has to go back again and again to the same post in order to try to understand what's being said there.

These d'ds are bad enough. Trying to muddle through a labyrinth of oddities such as THROUGH NO FAULT OF THE READER one is directed to a board other than the one(s) selected...shriek.

2. bct

bct Active Member

Make sure you are logging into the message boards, and NOT the ACCOUNT log-in. This had me messed up for a while too. Good luck! I know I'm going to need it!<BR>

I have to amend the above. I've been working on the new site and am now so confused that I'm about to give up. Very little makes sense to me. When I try to return to the page I've just made a reply to, a different page is there, with different posts.

And where is the "time posted" feature? All we get now is the date. I'm very disappointed so far. Hope these are glitches.[This Message was Edited on 10/05/2008]
  3. kbak

kbak Member

If you go to the topic "new board" one of the moderators will help you with your question. I think everyone is having a hard time with this new board. I am!

4. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

Leaknits: The Fibromyalgia board and ME/CFS board are not separate. There are two links one for Fibromyalgia and one for ME/CFS and they take you to the same board. This is no different than the way it is on immunesupport.com. There is two links right on top of each other.

Here's the link: http://www.immunesupport.com/chat/forums/messageboards.cfm?

It's the same board and two links on each site.

After you make a post you are taken to the health board by default. It's on the list of things that need to be fixed and it will.

The date on the boards shows you the date of the last reply but not the time. I'll add this to the list.
  5. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

other ME/CFS/CFIDS/FM boards with more bells and whistles have come and gone or sit idle.

I really think that one of the reasons that this board has been such a success has been its simple, user friendly design and interface.

People have not come to Immune Support because of the merchandise and then used the board but rather have come for the board and then become customers.

Given that PH supports ME/FM research and causes, I do hope this does not prove to be a decision that slows traffic to the site.

More "stuff" does not a better ME/CFIDS/FM board make.

fingers crossed!

[This Message was Edited on 10/09/2008]
  6. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I can't figure out how to pull up an old thread. When I do a search, I just get individual posts. Or when I look at my posting history, I just get individual posts.

I need to see a whole thread in order to write a coherent reply. I am so frustrated!!!!
  7. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

at first I thought i would like it but I've had more trouble trying to figure out how to navigate it. I can't find my posts. When I search it, it either has nothing (and I've posted quite a bit) or it brings up posts I never posted to. I can't seem to log in to the board. It takes me to the store and I don't want that. UGH!