"I don't want that"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MoosesMom, Jan 16, 2006.

1. MoosesMom

MoosesMom New Member

I was talking to a friend of mine recently who was saying that she was tired all the time, her muscles felt like she had the flu, she could sleep for days and wake up tired, etc. She was wondering what it could be and I said "Sounds like Fibro to me." She said very matter of factly...

"No, I don't think so, I don't want that one."

EX-SCUSE ME?? Like I looked at a list of illnesses and picked this one out.

That just cracked me up!!!
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

PEOPLE SAY THE STUPIDEST THINGS!!!!

How is Moose doing?

~Alicia
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I can identify with you. I have a friend who has all the symptoms of CFIDS and Fibro, and yet she will not persue it, because, as she said :"That's all I need!". As if not knowing that you have it will make it go away. I can't get over that kind of thinking. It's not as if We went out and picked these DD's as our DD's of choice!

I guess people get stuck in a thinking pattern and can't get out of it. This is the same person who insisted on taking a shuttle she had paid for (to get home from the doctor's), even though taking it made me wait for 2 hours and made our whole day very late. I could have picked her up after her appointment, but she would not skip the bus, because she had already paid for it. I just don't understand! I was so angry that day that we really didn't have a very good time. I felt used, and not worthy of consideration. She wanted to go out with me, but , even though she knew how hard it is for me to stay out late,she showed no consideration.

Oh well, I digress. I guess all we can do is smile.

Hugs,
    Terry
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Thanks for the laugh! Let's see-I have FMS, endometriosis, IBS, IC, and hypothyroid. I guess out of those, the one I will get rid of is the FMS. As if we have a choice!

Ellen
  5. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Then when I did research I admit my thought was "But I don't want that!" As if anyone wants any illness! But that did go through my mind, I just didn't say it.