i don't want to go to work...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sweetbeatlvr, Dec 16, 2008.

1. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

i am so down and frustrated right now.

i have to be at work in 20 mins, and i just don't know how i am going to make it.=(

i am in so much pain, and in turn, very depressed because of it.

i am a waitress. on most days, i can do it. i hurt, but i can usually push through it. it's when i get home, and stop moving that the pain really sets in. some days though, i wake up in such pain, that i don't think i can work through it.

i have to go though, because i need the money so bad.

i feel so stuck, i don't know what to do.

i need help so bad.=(
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am sorry that the pain is wearing you down.....I'm sending gentle hugs your way, a prayer that your day is a pain free as possible.
    I also hope you can take a nice hot bath when you get home.

Is it possible that you could get a sit down job?? I can't imagine working at all but for you doing a waitressing job....wow, that has got to be so hard.

my thoughts are with you....take care (((((hugs))))

3. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I was waitressing and also doing some cooking when I coudn't do it anymore.

I'm so sorry you are having so much pain. Do you at least have something you can use to take the pain away?

Big cyber hugs,
  4. tut90

tut90 Member

you are in so much pain, just reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm going through excruciating pain lately. The only thing that helps me some is a hot bath. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Have blessed day,

5. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I can definitely understand, and your posts and profiles sound like mine. Most of the people in my life don't understand that going to work takes over 90% of my energy, with getting ready for work, driving to work, and then the constant up and down and multi-tasking at work. There's pain, cognitive difficulties, and unbearable fatigue
  6. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I would really love to quit, but with the economy these days, and the fact that it's so hard to get a full-time job with benefits, I stay, and literally hate going in everyday. Well, if I weren't bored with my current position, that might make a difference. Work is not supposed to be drudgery...
  7. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

i really appreciate your thoughts and warm wishes.<3

i made it. it was horrible, but i made it.

today was especially hard getting myself there. i literally woke up crying from the pain and the thought of having to work all day with it.

i believe working is good for me, because usually it takes my mind off the pain, and like i said, i can push through, but somedays are just horrible, and it is literally torture to do it.

i don't know how many more days i can do it.

i have been looking for another job. in fact, i have an interview tomorrow morning for a laundry assistant job at a nursing home. it would still be a fairly physical job, but not as much. it has minimal supervision (i could take little breaks when i needed them), and it also has paid sick days and medical insurance, which i desperately need. i'm really hoping to get it, wish me luck!

unfortunately, i do not have anything for pain, and that is why it is mentally getting to me so much, it's really wearing me down.

i have a plan to fix that though. i'm getting ready to make a thread about, if you'll kindly read it, and tell me what you think about it.

thanks again everone, i appreciate you all more than you know.<3