I dreamed about the pain....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Braingonebad, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Braingonebad

Braingonebad New Member

It's not uncommon for me to notice the pain I'm having in a dream - especially if it's been around awhile and on my mid (and how can it NOT be?)...

But last night a pain came on while I was sleeping - one I haven't had lately, my left shoulder socket. And I dreamed I was being disected, and somebody showed me that socket (it loked clean and white and very fake) and said...

That's fibro for ya, baby!

I looked around and saw all the parts of my body that generally can have really bad pain in different white plastic buckets, sorted by which disease/disorder was causing the pain.

All the major joints from the left side of my body were in the fibro bucket.

I also have a neck injury and syringomyelia and probable MS - there were parts in all those buckets, too.

I'm always trying to figure which pain comes from what problem in my waking life. I guess this was my brain's way of clearing matters up! LOL!

Thing is, I was dead sure I did not have fibro, that the doc's were just saying that because they couldn't figure out why I was in such pain. Now, I feel like it's for real.

Anybody else dream about the pain? Normally, even though I feel it I'm not thinking about it and the dream isn't about it.
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I've never had dreams of pain, ever! That's pretty strange, I guess. Some of my best dreams I'm with certain good looking guys, though. Sometimes celebrities too and some are people who have died.

Some of my dreams are so pleasant, that I don't want to wake up from them.

Sorry you are having those kind of dreams.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. codinqueen

codinqueen New Member

That was a nightmare!!!I don't dream about the pain, I sometimes dream about the day I won't have any! (When I die & go to Heaven.) Dreams are rare for me though, because the pain and restless leg syndrome as well as sleep apnea awken me several times through the night. If I get 4 hours of uninterupted sleep in one night I am amazed!!!
  4. Braingonebad

Braingonebad New Member

Faye - oddly, although I was hurting badly, the dream wan not bad, not scary or disturbing at all.

(I'm a Stephen King fan, so nightmares really have to wrok to get my attention! )

It was almost reasuuring. It was as if these beings were just taking me apart symbolically to show me what was wrong. And it eased my mind so much.

But it was one of the few times I've ever felt the actual pain in a dream.

Kristie - thanks for sharing! Those were some pretty amazing adventures!

I dreamed I was talking to an Aunt who is passed away and I too told her she was dead. She said - We're never really gone.

She also said - Laugh at your troubles. It really pisses them off!

LOL! That was SO like her!

Famous people in my dreams include - Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, The Stones. I wake up *knowing* how to play their songs after jamming with them in my sleep.
  5. buddylee

buddylee New Member

I've had dreams were at the end right before I wake , I'll fall
    on barbwire,
    I've had that falling fealing as I wake up
    I've had dreams were I can move arms and legs or can't move ezly .
    Sometimes if a tv is on when I'm sleeping I'll have dreams about whats on.
  6. Empower

Empower New Member

On the lighter side, I don't dream about the pain, but last night, for some strange reason, I dreamt of Bon Jovi! (and it was a good dream) :)
  7. jennypee

jennypee New Member

I have very vivid dreams and nightmares all night long. It's very rare for me to not recall at least part of what I dreamt.

My favorites are easily the flying dreams-- sometimes it starts as a nightmare and I'm escaping something, then up I go! Usually I'm really scared of being in the air until I get the hang of the controls, then it's wonderful. It's so easy in my dreams!