I fall down! And evidently only one person cares

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greenbean7, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I slipped on the ice on my front porch yesterday morning when I was leaving for work. Had a hold of a post with my left hand which swung me around so I hit on my right side.

Elbow and two places on my back where I struck the concrete steps are really bruised and sore. Of course today I hurt everywhere!

I went to work two hours late and had a horrible headache. I didn't hit my head, but felt like the top of it was going to come off! Went home at two. I did call the doctor and they called in muscle relaxers for the spasms and I already have pain med. Headache is better today, but man, do I hurt everywhere else!

Has anyone else had something like this cause a flare? My tender spots on my chest hurt and I feel like, well, you know what! I hate to think I'm going into a major flare for Christmas, but that seems to be what is happening.

My husband is calling me "Air Borne"!

Hugzz,
    Black and Blue Greenbean!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/23/2005]
  2. libra55

libra55 New Member

I'm so sorry. I know how it hurts. I did that myself about six years ago. I had taken my kids to Sunday School. Went home to have a nice cup of coffee. Figured I would leave the car outside since I had to go back to church for the kids in an hour.

I decided to walk in through the garage to pick up some bottled water to make the coffee with. No problem. Went in, had my coffee, time to leave.

I proceeded out the front door (now remember I came in through the garage, and went out that way originally, so I had no idea what shape the front steps were in). Whoosh! Solid ice. My feet flew out from under me. I did just what you did, grabbed on to the post on the porch and swung around, nearly dislocated my arm in the process. Lost my grip and slid all the way down the stairs on my back.

I can feel your pain.

Michelle
    [This Message was Edited on 12/22/2005]
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Oh, M, I feel yours too!

Did the fall put you in a flare? I am really in bad shape today, yesterday too. And not just from where I got hurt. C

I can't concentrate and just hurt everywhere. I hope I'm better by tomorrow. Of course I can sit on the couch and make everyone else fix dinner! What a good idea! Think I'll play this pain thing up and see what happens LOL!

Merry Christmas, and try to stay on your wheels as my DH says!

Hugzz,
    Greenbean
  4. sdown

sdown New Member

Have you tried SAMe? It's a supplement available on this site it helps with mood, pain and the overall nervous system. Ive been on it for 4 years and it helps me tremendously. Take care. Have a good Christmas. Hope your better by then. Big hugs.
  5. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Greenbean7,
    OUCH! Rest and hot water on the body. A twist and fall of that nature would make me very stiff the next day. I'm so sorry this happened so close to Chirstmas Day.

Take care,
    Dee50
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Guess I was feeling grumpy when I changed the title on this from "I Fall Down" to "I Fall Down and evidently only one person cares". This time of year is very depressing for me and the fall was just one more thing to deal with.

My husband died on December 28, 1994, so it's hard to get through the week between now and New Years. My DH is very loving and kind, but doesn't understand that I still miss Billy very much.

There, I'm through whining!

Merry Christmas!

Hugzz,
    Greenbean
  7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

JK!! Hope you feel better soon.. ouch!! Hope you get feeling better for the holiday..
    Hugs!
    dona
  8. sabimax

sabimax New Member

I hear you on the hard time around holiday...my mom has that....she lost her dad..my grandpa...dec. 20 then two years after lost her only brother...december 17th...so this time of year is bittersweet for her...she also lost her mom many years ago on the fourth of july...

how hard it is when around holidays....we lost a baby full term....in july 98...the funeral was on my birthday...i could have waited three days for the monday..but I was like no...my bday is fine...kind of felt that the time of year I will be sad anyhow..why not share my bday with her....she is our families angel....take care and hugs, sarah
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

I haven't had a fall or injury like that in a while to remember if it caused a flare or not.

I hope you recover quickly and that it doesn't put a damper on your Christmas activities!!!

MERRY CHIRSTMAS,
    Janet
  10. Musica

Musica New Member

I hope you just had a temporary setback, like what other people would feel as aching the day after a fall but feeling worse because of the FM. That was kind of a convoluted sentence, wasn't it??? LOL What I'm trying to say is, I hope you feel MUCH better tomorrow and even better than your norm on Christmas! Try to think positively and have the determination that this fall WON'T throw you into a fullblown flare!

{{{Greenbean7}}}
  11. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

be careful that might stick :)
    have a nice hot bubble bath then curl up somewhere,relax today ready for tomorrow.

ive got a head cold and got my period so im a snot goblin with tummy cramps,yay :)