I fall frequently...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by melodee49, Sep 27, 2006.

1. melodee49

melodee49 New Member

I have FM and I fall down the steps every couple of weeks. I broke my leg last November from a fall. The last fall was Sunday, and I slid down the steps on my back (OUCH). My doc just said put a rail on both sides. Is this a symptom of FM? In all my research on FM, I have not seen it listed. I do take plenty of meds to cause dizziness, but I have not ever felt it. Should this be investigated more??
  2. Welcome, I see your new here. This is a good place with tons of info. I hope you like it.
    Is your dr. aware of you falling alot? I am not trying to frighten you, but falling can be a symptom of MS. Have you been checked for this?
  3. meowee

meowee New Member

I fall quite a bit, too. I fell last Dec. and broke my left leg. I do know mine is fibro related. I am so careful now and if there is no handrail, I don't use the steps.

God bless
  4. melodee49

melodee49 New Member

I have been to many doctors with these falls. I have gone to the same PCP for about 20 years. No one has ever suggested that anything was wrong, just told me to be careful. I will look up about the MS. I do like this site, the best message board I have found on FM. We have a handrail on one side of the steps, and the doc suggested putting one on the other. Thanks for the Welcome.
  5. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Ouch, you certainly need a rail! Do you have a walking stick to balance you?

Falling over seems to go with the fibro. Having moved house yesterday,I fell over heavily this morning onto the laminate floor (it's got to go, it's slippy & very hard to land on)& am bruised all over with a wrenched spine.

[ advertisement ]