I feel amazing after my detox! Have you tried it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phoebe1, Oct 31, 2005.

1. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I've been away from the board for about 2 weeks, last time I posted it was about the detox and fast I was starting.
    It has been very difficult but oh man was it worth it, I am by no means cured but I am so much better.

My pain levels have dropped, the fibro-fog has lifted, I have energy, I joined the gym!!
    I never really believed in detox but if you haven't tried it I can recommend it to everyone, it is certainly worth a shot.

I can not describe to you how wonderful I feel, I haven't taken pain meds for almost 3 weeks and I am changing my lifestyle.
    Maybe this won't work for everybody but I had a very intense detox and I believe I took a step in the right direction and it paid off.

I'm glad to be back here with all my friends, it feels like I missed out on 2 weeks of your lives.
    Better start catching up ;)

Hugs
    Phoebe
  2. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

For 6 days I only had diluted apple and pineapple juice (freshly juiced, not the stuff you buy) and beetroot juice (also freshly juiced), with that I had filtered water, bentonite clay water, aloe vera juice, organic wheat grass and Vit.C.
    That was all I was allowed to have, for 5 days I received a colonic everyday and a detox therapy afterwards. I had 2 body cleanses (with an ionator), 1 lymph drainage and 2 Body Talks.
    I had this done at a holistic healing clinic under supervision and with lots of support.

I eliminated heavy metals, candida, bacteria, bile, loads of fat, impacted feaces (that had mould on!) and other toxins.
    When I broke my fast I was only allowed fresh apples, pears, strawberries and kiwi, basmati and wild brown rice, baby potatoes and veggies.
    After 3 days I added fish and after a week red meat. I have had to change my lifestyle, I don't eat sugar anymore, I don't drink caffeine, I try to eat lots of fresh fruit, veggies and salad, raw nuts especially almonds, lots of water and try to limit red meat to twice a week.

I also stay away from gluten, wheat, onion and spinach as it turns out I'm allergic to it. As I go along and start adding more things back in my diet, I find more things that I have an allergic reaction to.
    I will probably still have the occasional sugar binge and a glass of wine once in a blue moon but I think twice now about what I put into my body, as I was so horrified to see what came out!
    I lost almost 4kg (I think 9 pounds?) and feel completely new!

Phoebe
  3. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

4. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

I'm so glad to hear how well you're doing!

Detoxing, colonics, coffee enemas have been a lifesaver for me!

May you find continued healing on your journey!

Laurie
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

were you in a clinic when you had the detox etc., or did you do it at home.

How did you manage with your energy levels while fasting, lots of bedrest?

love
    Rosie
  6. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Believe it or not, but I worked full time and took 2 hours off each morning to go to the clinic where they did the colonics and the detox therapies, I didn't have a problem with energy levels at all, and usually I'm very fatigued.

This was amazing to me as I was so sure that I will be tired and hungry all the time and generally feel miserable, but it was not the case at all. I didn't even have headaches or any other side-effects.
    I believe if this is done right, then like me you won't have any problem.

Phoebe
  7. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Can I ask how much it cost or would that be cheeky?

Can I ask you a few questions?

You mentioned having detox therapy after each colonic...what does that mean exactly?

How did you turn your fruits and veggies into juices? Did you have to use a proper juicer? I couldn't afford one right now.

What is body cleansing with an ionator?

What is lymphatic drainage and body talking?

Are these treatments best done in a particular order?

Did it improve your environmental/ chemical sensitivities (if you suffer with them)? Did it help improve or stop altogether the eye pain and daily headaches which you described to me in the past on the board?

I am not sure where I would find a clinic in the UK near to me where they offer all these therapies.. :( but I would love answers to the above questions if poss.

I was intrigued that you were allowed kiwi fruit cos these are considered one of hte main possible allergens...

Oh and Npstitans, what is Ultimate Clease? Is it a product or treatment?

What is a coffee enema..I'm intrigued?

Thanks guys and phoebe, I'm so glad for you ..... you put a lot of work in..I'm glad you're reaping the benefits. Stories like yours give us all hope!

God bless. Much love, Shelbo
  8. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I used the Ultimate Cleanse product from the webstore here for my first detox. Here is the product description from the store:

With all of the pollution in our environment today, we need an effective detoxifier for our bodies. Pro Health's Morning/Evening Ultimate Cleanse contains over 50 essential herbs and fibers, as well as enzymes, FOS, and acidophilus to help promote the growth of beneficial intestinal bacteria. Our 100% natural Ultimate Cleanse is a simple, two-step program designed to naturally cleanse your body and to help promote internal detoxification. Cleansing your system is an easy way to ensure good health, increased energy, and a strengthened defense system.

I did feel a little better but as I increased the number of pills, per the instructions, I got horrible cramps and was in the bathroom all the time. I guess it was working, but I didn't have time to be it the bathroom all day and the cramps were terrible. Maybe my system was just too sensitive or I increased too fast or something. I think I might give it another try and just go slower and take small amounts.
  9. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I think a professional detox like that is a GREAT idea!! That way you have professionals around you to give you proper instruction and support. I know that my insurance is covering a lot more natural/homeopathic medicine procedures, etc. so I might check into it and see how much detox type things they might cover or at least provide discounted costs on.

Thanks for the info!!
  10. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

this is very interesting, I'm going to put some thought into it.

I'm glad you've had such good results.

love
    Rosie
  11. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

Interesting. I just wrote in another thread that my doctor ordered some Ultra Inflamex for me, and my internist suggested that I use it as a way to detox the Splenda out of my system.

It would require my eating pretty much just fruit, veggies and rice. There is a fair amount of protein in the mix, but it's rice protein, and I do feel better on a diet higher in protein.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to work my way into this one kind of slowly. I've already given up sugar, artificial sugar, wheat, almost all dairy, nearly all starches, down to one cup of coffee a day, never did drink alcohol. It seems like I'm giving up something new each week. We'll see. Maybe I'll try to give it a go....
  12. shelbo

shelbo New Member

13. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Thanks for all the replies everyone!
    Shelbo, the whole detox with all the supplements cost me R3500.00 (I think in pounds that is around 390.0), it is expensive but I saw it as an investment in my health.
    The detox therapies are the body talk (almost like kinesiology, she "asked" my body questions, a bit weird I thought but it helped), lymph drainage (a massage that drains your lymph and releases toxins from the body), the body cleanse with the ionator (a machine that works by reverse osmosis and draws toxins from the body), you put your feet in a waterbath and she then switches on the ionator, by the end my water was black! She also does a complete seaweed bodywrap but I didn't have time for that.
    You can google Body Cleanse ionator, they show pictures.

You do need a proper juicer to juice the fruit and beetroot, but in south africa you just go to a fruit and veggie shop and they juice anything you want free of charge, do you have something like that?
    The eyeball pain has vanished and I haven't had a severe headache that I needed painkillers for in 3 weeks!
    Even if you have to save a few months, please give it some serious consideration, this is the first thing I tried that actually worked for me, and I think a detox can only do you good if done properly. I went to a holistic clinic, I'm sure you won't have trouble finding one.

Hugs
    Phoebe
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2005]
  14. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Bump for Shelbo
  15. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

One more bump for Shelbo
  16. kch64

kch64 New Member

another bump
  17. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience. Definately something to consider trying. Now is there a maintenance plan as well?

Wishing you the best,
    Hopeful4
  18. tigger5

tigger5 New Member

Here in the Pacific Northwest, I've discovered that juicers can often be found in second hand shops (and often for $5-$10). It seems that this is an item people buy, use once or twice, then discard.

I've done a complete detox (have thought about it tho) but have juiced. An 8oz glass of carrot and beet juice each morning is a step toward detox. Beet juice helps to cleanse the liver of toxins. This is especially needed if you take prescription meds because so many of them are hard on the liver.
  19. teltale

teltale New Member

Hi Phoebe,

Thanks every so much for this info. I have been thinking for some time now to look into a special diet for this never ending nightmare. I read a book some years ago "The Yeast Syndrome" about detoxing. Probably if I would have followed both the detox and the diet I would not be suffering so much now. I'm not sure if I can find such a clinic in Holland but I am surely going to find out!

By the way I am now 52 and I was in my 30's when I read the book so for those of you that are still young please do find yourself such a clinic and spend the money and follow the diet. I sure wish I would have taken action 20 years ago.

Helene