I feel anxious

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Jan 19, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi all~
    First off: I hope and pray that each of you are having one of your better days~(we've all earned it!for sure)

I don't know how to better describe what I'm feeling?
    I feel kinda weird.
    Could feeling anxious or a bit jittery be a sign of anything?? good or bad.
    Maybe stress?? even noise is very bothersome to me.
    My kids are driving me nuts with their non stop talking!
    Thanks for reading,...
    any advice??
    Hugs
    Tandy
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

It's hard when you have the kids around and you're feeling uneasy. Calming music can sometimes settle the kids down as well as yourself. Can you sneak away for 15 min. and do some deep breathing and relaxation. Sometime green tea can calm you down or camomile (sp?).
    I hope you are feeling better soon. At least you know that someone else is thinking about you.

Kathy.
  3. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I have the same feeling too. I feel jumpy and like something bad is about to happen, an ominous feeling is hanging over me. And I felt this way since I woke up

and before I even saw the news today....like all I need are more reasons to feel anxious!

I get this feeling occasionally, maybe once every couple of months. I was taking a bath earlier this morning and every noise had me scared, I felt very vulnerable. Not sure why though.

My kids have been at school all day and its time to go get them now, but last night they stressed me out big time. I hadn't really felt like that in awhile...even during the 3 week winter break they had.

I was thinking maybe I was PMSing???

Don't have any advice because I feel the same way you do. I'm just hoping for a quiet night and hoping you have one too!!

JL
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

my doom feeling. It is part of not being well. I think the mind just gets tired dealing with the pain so this doomy anxious feeling just gets a hold. Noises "off stage" can be very irritating yet one craves to have someone close by. I think we probably all get this way to some degree.
    Feel better.
    Love Anne
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

Just gonna try to sleep it off.

Going to bed nice and early,...maybe I'll wake up and feel alot better.
    whatever it is from it not a good feeling~
    It is a feeling of doom.(someone above mentioned that) and your right :)
    I'm glad that some of you's understand what its like.

I apreciate you all :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

and all mothers with young children.

I truly don't know how you do it....and lift you up in prayer.

I love my grandchildren dearly....but there are days when I don't think I can be with them.

Mainly because I feel so bad about being a grumpy grandma with this anxiousness... and I can't take the noise.

The girls gave some good advice to you. I know that it will help!

MamaR
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i worked for dentist she told me the best thing she had heard a mother do was...tell her her kids that mommy needs to go to time out...so she grabbed a glass of wine and locked herself in the bathroom and took a bubble bath...

try it if you can

jodie
  8. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I don't know if any of you are aware of this or not but sometimes your body can feel like there is something crawling under your skin. Like HEEBEE GEEBEES I think. I met someone that had that happen to them too. Just felt funny on my back. Anyway, stress and anxiety can create alot of things and it is normal for people with fibro.

PIRT
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Slight seizure activity which is common for us. According to Dr. Cheney, many of us suffer from this. It can cause anxiety/panic attacks, insomnia, sensory overload (sensitivity to light, noise, touch, smell, etc.), muscle spasms, tinnitus, and RLS.

He recommends Klonopin. See the post about conazepam; I posted Cheney's article on Klonopin there. If you are taking a stimulant, and SSRI, or an SNRI, it can exacerbate the seizure activity.

Love, Mikie
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

for all added replys since my last post.

I'll look into that Klonopin(sp?)

Its not as bad today but I still feel antsy.(and worried)
    about what?? I have no idea.!!
    My jaw bones even feel kinda tight/sore today.??(my necks a lil achy too)??
    not even sure if its related but thought I'd mention.
    I don't like this feeling at all. :(

I'm gonna mention all this at my next drs. appointment.
    Thanks again
    Hugs
    Tandy