I feel like a jerk for backing out of office picinic

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cinnveet, Jun 3, 2006.

1. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I just called one of my co-workers to let them know not to bring the generator as I cant bring my snowcone maker, and will not be able to attend the picnic. He was very nice about it.

But I feel so bad for backing out at last minute. I was expected to bring Kayaks to the beach,and food.

I have been in such a rut this pass week because of all the tests I had, and the endo. Dr. laying into me about my cholesterol being at 782. He told me I probably have heart disease as it has being going on since my early twenties. And now I am 40.

I will go to work on Monday, and get to listen to everything that went on today. I sure hope a few of them understand.

Not only am I in a rut, but my 9yr old son has been running a fever w/flu like symptoms since Wednesday and still has a fever.

Tell me how long it takes to see the light at the end of the tunnel???

Oh yeah, on top of this mess, the Dr. had me take Tricor, I had a bad reaction and was taken off, but still left with no hearing in my left ear!!, Dr. said it is very infected. I never had an ear problems. It hurts so bad it feels like my teeth need to be pulled for relief.

Thanks,
    and God Bless,
    Cindy
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Hope you feel better by Monday when you have to go back to work.

Did you make a decision on your cholesterol meds? I wish you the best on that.

Did the dr give you anything for your ear infection? You probably need a couple of days of good rest.

Hugs,

Linda
  3. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I am so afraid to take the cholesterol med.'s but will try it today. I think I will take half of the Crestor, and keep my fingers crossed.

Dr. put me on anti-botics and eardrops. Still no improvement, and I have been using the eardrops and vinegar now for 3 days. When it gets real bad I use a heating pad.

Thank you so much again for your kind words. You are a very special caring person.

God Bless,
    Cin

4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

its nothing compared to backing out of your own wedding. At least I cancelled 5 wks before and didn't leave him at the alter.

Jeanne
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

PLEASE try omega-3 it really does help with your cholestrol.
  6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Dear Cinnveet,

Picnics?? You mean flies, fire ants and
    killer bees?? I don't know, but I think
    you made a good decision to not go! No
    sunburn for you tonight!
    MRDAD
  7. janieb

janieb New Member

Sounds like you have had some problems with medications, in general.

My husband has been on cholesterol medications for many years. His numbers were way out of site and something had to be done. There's a big-time history of heart problems in his family.

You do need to be aware, that after many years, they are still trying to fine tune his meds to get them perfect. Some worked, some didn't, so it's been trial and error. With all our other problems, you don't need that - but maybe, you do need that.

Anyway, your cholesterol count sounds like it deserves immediate attention.

Forget the picnic. Worked until recently and learned that there are somethings you can't do anything about. If we are able to get in our five days, that's about all they can expect.

Sometimes friends and relatives give me a bad time about not doing certain things or backing out, but it's just that they're not educated in this area. Poor them. Guess I've developed a rather hard shell. My husband and family understand (most of the time) and that makes me lucky.

janieb
  8. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Don't feel guilty. We here all know too well what it is like to constantly push yourself despite feeling lousy (and much worse than lousy). And know what it is like to just not be able to do "everything" (or sometimes much of anything). but it is okay.
    take care,
    Mags
  9. Mom3

Mom3 New Member

Please don't come down on yourself with heavy guilt. You are a thoughtful person who obviously cares, if they don't see that and have compassion that's too bad you deserve better. I am sure when you can you will make up for it another time. Hope your son is feeling better too.

Warms hugs mom3