I feel like a stranger

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Montysmum, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

It is some time since I posted, life has got me down at present, have just had 3 days off on sick leave, caught a cold which knocked me for six, plus trying to do assignments & study while in full time work is more than I bargained for.
    Coming back in here has made me feel like a stranger, so many new names.
    I apologise for my lack of prayer support, I have been feeling too sorry for myself !! Not a good place to be I'm afraid, every thing has piled up on top it seems, bills, sick animals & more bills !
    My lack of friends & living alone is also playing on my mind, so forgive me for my moodiness.
    Linda.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/09/2004]
  2. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

you are amongst friends here..smile. I will lift you up, and believe me I am certain there are others who feel as you do right now...I for some reason have been having a tough day/week/month/year...too, so please know we will lift you up and ask for peace and contentment during your trials.

Right now I will send you a smile, prayer, and hug your way...
  3. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Linda,
    I just came back yesterday b/c I haven't been on here as much either. I've had a rough summer with illness. I have really missed you and I really like you a lot. I just wanted you to know that. I really like seeing your name and I don't forget about you.

I'll be agreeing in prayer with DixieLee. I'll be standing in prayer for you today!!!
    Love ya, Monkeykat
  4. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

Hi and Welcome back, We have all missed you !!

I'm so sorry that you are going through so much, I will certainly be praying for you.

Blessings, Judy
  5. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

I know every one who comes here has problems, I have stayed away as I didn't want to unload my problems onto every one else. I am a very private person, enjoy helping others etc, but find it difficult to ask for help for myself.
    My main support person, (who is an email buddy on the other side of the world ), is away at present & the need to 'talk' to someone got too overwhelming, hence my return!But I feel guilty, you are all a lovely bunch of people, who have so much to cope with & I don't feel right somehow in participating.
    Monkeykat, your words to me brought tears to my eyes,(although I did enough crying in the night to last me weeks!), you are so sweet, thank you so much. I hope your situation improves also.
    Thank you all again for the support.
    Montysmum.
  6. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Linda,
    Please do not feel bad about "feeling bad". We all have times where we need support. Please don't feel bad if you need to vent or need some support. Actually, it just means you really need to be letting people know you need their love and prayers:)

I wish I could go to Australia and meet you. You're over on the other side of the world. Your side of the world seems more interesting to me:) The grass is always greener!!!

Hope you're feeling a little better!
    Love ya, Monkeykat
  7. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

Thank you again ! I know I need people & prayers, why is it when we need help we won't ask?
    I know you all do a wonderful job with all the prayers & I am not knocking that as I too believe strongly in the power of prayer, I just wish God would answer some of the prayers more tangibly, i.e better health, less bills, more money, anything, not just for me but all of us who are struggling.
    After so little sleep I am not in a very good frame of mind today. I have to go & start doing some study as have class this afternoon, it is the last thing I feel like doing. I have to drive an hour each way to get to Tech, & I resent the time & money involved, plus the subject is not my cup of tea at all, but a means to an end.
    By the way Monkeykat, I am not in Australia, but New Zealand which is a little place past Australia. It is a lovely country & I am very patriotic about it at times. I live in a little country town with a small population, tiny compared to American towns. We don't have much here, but there is enough to get by most of the time.
    I travel 10 minutes to get to my place of work, which is in the next town, a bit bigger than mine. I work in a home & hospital for the elderly. I do charge nurse position on the afternoon shifts, five days a week. I have Tuesday & Wednesday off each week. Just a little about me.........don't ask why ?
    Montysmum.
  8. Yesh

Yesh New Member

I know with school and work you do not have extra time, but if you ever feel like reading for your own enjoyment, a friend gave me a book called Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard. The story is an allegory dranatizing the yearning of God's children to be led to new heights of loce, joy, and victory. In the story Much Afraid goes on a spirtual journey through difficult places with her two friends Sorrow and Suffering.

I will keep you in my prayers; and as a new graduate, a small bit of advice, take some time to do something for your self that does not involve school or work.

God Bless

yesh
  9. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

Thank you both for your kind words, it is nice to see some familiar names amongst all the lovely new ones.
    I am still not great but do appreciate all your prayers for me. It is late evening here, I have been to Tech this afternoon & am checking here before heading to bed for an early night as I am rather tired after my restless night last night. Hopefully no repeat tonight of last night's attack of the blues.
    The depression just hit me last night out of the blue, Satan had a field day (night), I have no idea what brought it on, & am praying it will leave me alone tonight. Somehow night times are the worst.
    So thank you both again, & everyone else, I appreciate your support.
    Linda.
  10. Freedom1

Freedom1 New Member

Wow, there is such caring and understanding on this thread. Montys.... you are definitely not alone here in spirit and in your feelings on wanting God to work more tangibly in our lives. I can identify with the financial needs, being private, feeling alone, having difficuly asking for help and not wanting to be overly bothersome to others. But, I am sure many feel the same. When our health is compromised we feel it just adds to what is on our shoulders. And,we find ourselves looking and turning around wondering visibly/tangibly where is God in all of this? Well, God seems to be right here on this board. With prayer warriors such as DixieLee who realizes that the adversary is busy -- but he is defeated. These other caring folk have really motivated you and definitely me and I appreciate their prayers and advice. Hope you and all are soon feeling better, having all needs met, and feel that wonderful refreshing through the Grace of God.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2004]