I feel like I'm battling mental health problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Aug 25, 2006.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

and maybe that is part of my overall FMS/CFS health problems, too.

Sometimes I wonder if the drugs I take keep me sick, and yet if I stop taking them I fall apart. I guess I should cherish the fact that I have returned to work full time, but my mind goes to these places.....is it the narcotics that have made me stupid, and in pain when they do wear off??

Have I jacked my brain chemicals for so long with A/d's, etc., that there is no turning back?

Why can't I just be happy with the progress? It's like I can't accept this thing still. It's been 5 years. I keep wondering when it will end and my life will go back to "normal" and I can stop all of this drug taking, Dr seeing, and edge of insanity.
  2. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

I use to feel the same way,
    I am now having relief and on the upswing, so I can support you. I hope it lasts awhile!!!
    I have gone thru that same thing,
    when the body is chronically ill,
    your mind also gets ill, and its called depression.
    recognize it, thats what it was for me anyway, cuz this illness just killed my life quality.
    dont feel like youre crazy, its tough on us girl.
    Now,
    did you change anything recently?
    if you have such as a med or such assess that situation. and see if therre may be a problem.
    if not,.
    I feel we sometimes grieve the way we use to be.
    I personally dont accept this illness, I take care of it but I will fight it til the end, and I beleive its a virus,/bacteria,
    I dont like the drugs as well,
    I want off of them too,
    but thats a professional area that needs to be assessed B.
    If you can,
    and this may sound stupid, but take a break from thinking about this,
    get a great book and lose yourself in some enjoyment,
    I know its not easy,
    but I know My episodes of that passed, and I do not feel that way anymore,
    Yes there is hope!!!!
    Blessing,
    Iggy
  3. darvick

darvick New Member

I know just how you feel.
    there are times i forget words and feel like i have alzhimers.
    It gets so bad i don't drive on bad days, do the check book
    etc...
    it does get better at times, YOU ARE SO lucky you are able to work, and i'm happy for you, dont fret the little things
    and dont worry so much it doesnt help/
    we wish we all could go back to our old selves.
    I will pray and hope your frustration eases.

Hugs
    Darlene
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Do you live in an area where there are integrative or naturopathic physicians available? Maybe you could find some alternatives to some of the medications that you are taking.

I agree with Iggy about the grieving. I don’t think we can ever go ‘back’ to normal, but we may eventually find a new normal.