i feel pretty, oh so pretty....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deelite127, Oct 11, 2005.

1. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

well my friends I got my 1st paycheck from my new work @ home job & i have to admit i did something selfish.

I went and got my nails done!

I have been going to the nail salon every other week for the last 15 years. Last year when i got real sick & wound up losing my job i stopped going. honest to God, it's such a trifle thing but it bothered me unbeleivably.

But now i'm back & it felt good! It's just a small thing, but even the small things can make us feel better at times. It doesn't take away the pain, but it doesn't some wonderful to the mind & soul.

Just wanted to share it all with you, because you my friends are the only ones that understand the signifigance (sp).

*hugs to all*
    Dee
  2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I think I need to find something like that. Our insurance will cover up to $600/yr for massages. I don't know why I keep putting it off!!!

Enjoy your beautiful new nails.(I'm a biter....bad.bad.bad)

Regards,

Eileen
  3. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

Anything that makes me feel more like my "old self" makes me happy!
  4. ontariogirl

ontariogirl New Member

but now I'm going to have that darn song in my head all day!!!

Enjoy your nails..

Take care, Marlene
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm going to have that darn song in my head too.

Good for you Dee, we need to treat ourselves.

I have a hairdresser come do my hair every couple of months and I just bought some very expensive hair straighteners to use in between times. I use them when I'm up to it.

Sometimes I put makeup on in the house just so I can look in the mirror and like what I see.

Keep on treating.

love
    Rosie
  6. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

My nails now spit very easily due to FM and RSD. I used to have long, strong beautiful nails. Every once in awhile they stay nice for about a month before they split. It makes me smile during that short period when they are nice again.

It is so cool that you are enjoying this little victory. It's wonderful.

Hugs,
    Maree
  7. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

it seems everyone has that song stuck in their head now. Maybe we should start a chorus...lol

myself, i've been singing it since i left the nail salon.

Dee
  8. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

with that song going through my head!!

My nails began breaking after being so hard and long last winter. Now they break ~ I clipped them and don't know how I got them so short!! Oh well, they will grow.

So glad to hear that you had something to perk you up! i want to get my ugly gray hair blond again. I had it highlighted for years and years. I didn't even feel physically like getting it done for the last 3 years and I hated to do the expense of it. I am thinking about it though. we all need a boost sometimes to make us feel better about ourselves.

Wonderful and Gentle Hugs

Joan

9. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

yes, it goes on and on my friends,,, Oh! Wrong song! LOL! Way to go Dee! So what kind of at home job did ya get! Good for you!. Its amazing how something so small can make us feel so much better! I am happy for you!
    Blessings,
    Raz
  10. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

i'm doing data entry/ customer service work for the IRS from home.

You can read all the info on it in my post " work from home for people w/disabilities. Or just look up my username & you'll find. It's been a God send.

Dee