I feel really bad when somebody get "Sheesh-ed"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Feb 26, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

by another posted on this board. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive? I bet that's it.
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

oh, if somebody replies to a post and explains something to them, then seem to think they should have known, followed by Sheesh,,,
    , and no, you're not guilty- and I was not on the recieving end on this board either! LOL! I just care for everyone on this board, knowing how much we have to deal with sometimes.

many hugs!
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

...is a no no I would would think. Some parts of the country I know they use it in a different context, like "what do I know?" maybe that was it.

Gosh, we all have to be aware of the cultural differences.

Like we Brits, who say such odd things I am still smiling about a "crikey" someone used last week.

Lots of Love Anne C
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

but I don't think I ever use it to put someone down! Usually I use it because of an unbelievable situation.

So, if I have done this, please let me know. I would never intentionally put anyone down and would like to know if I have unintentionally. We all can be misunderstood!

Awaiting your reply...

Sue
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

You are absolutely safe, Fivesue! I can Sheesh a stupid MD or mistreatment for example, I think that's "safe", is not directed to anyone here on the board!

ggiggi, I am doing ok, just had a sinus infection. i am still waiting for my doc. to act on any of my complaints.

It seems I get less than good treatment because I have been unemployed for a while and had some annoying papers from DSHS that they wanted my doc. to fill out. He first seemed to think I was applying for disability with those papers, but I was not. He sort of rolled his eyes at me the last visit. it was really hard, I am not even close to getting the help I need. I am at a breaking point almost, and wish I lived in a big city where I could get some real help and had some choices. How could I apply for disability when all I got is my symptoms (besides my RA diagnosis, that probably is Sjogrens and OA, not RA,,,LOL!)

Anywho, all will be allright!
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I realised I was right. We are here to support, and we just CAN'T know EVERYTHING, right?
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i don't think it was me...i have never used that word...

jodie
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I am relieved it wasn't I. People have enough pain and trouble without someone being mean on a support board.

Glad you brought this to someone's attention.

(-:

Sue
  9. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

and I thought it was mean- very insensitive. Didnt seem like a regular poster that I have seen alot so I just thought (hopefully) it was a random person saying something stupid. Havent seen a post from them since either.
  10. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

we have Shoosh in Scotland, meaning to keep quiet

Rosie
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

THE WORD SHEESH HERE IS NOT LIKE THE SCOTTISH WORD SHOOSH, WHICH MEANS HUSH. SHEESH USUALLY MEANS, if used against another, a put down like "don't you know that?" an implication of dumbness, type of deal. It is intended to belittle another.

When one uses it against oneself, as in "Sheesh, why did I do that?" that is just someone having a little go at themselves and not used in the same context.

In any part of our lives, not just this board, if we cannot contribute something positive or helpful, we should keep quiet. Put downs are not a good thing for either the receiver or the giver, they serve no purpose only to wound.

I also wanted to mention, too, that sometimes when someone is het up about someone or something, I have noticed that some posters actually encourage them a bit and I would like to ask that one thinks about this. Often just to suggest a positive alternative can really change things for the better
    rather than keep pressing buttons to hype the person up more. Hatred should never be encouraged, it causes harm always.

In the main, I do think that the vast majority of people here are very kind and considerate and answer posts because they want to be helpful and show they care as we all come from a world where often such caring is rather lacking, outside of a few people in our lives.(just look at the prayers for Rain, Mabel and Landon of late, (for eg) what an outpouring of love)This is our strength, that loving unity.

I have also noticed that people who want to come here and just berate often don't stay very long. Which is a blessing.

Thanks for this posting, it is a reminder that this is a SUPPORT message board and most here are a great support.

God Bless and Love

Anne C
    [This Message was Edited on 02/27/2006]
  12. deb06

deb06 New Member

could you let us know what post so we can see the context and be sure to never make that mistake ourselves?
  13. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I've never seen one with the "S" word, but I do feel like some people are saying it with out saying it if you know what I mean.

I may be reading things into other posts, but I try to be as helpful as possible, and as a lot of you know, I always use a little humor when I respond.

After all, life is hard, but we all get over it!

Hugzz,
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!