I feel so dang lazy!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, May 17, 2010.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

This weekend I finally moved. Of course, with my health, I couldnt help. My 19 YO son and 15 YO daughter did 100% of it. I sat and supervised.

I feel horrible. At one point I felt like I had some energy and decided I was going to mow the lawn - NO MATTER WHAT!! I got dressed, fired up the lawnmower and started. I felt great.

However, I mowed about 4 lines then sat down for a rest, at which time I got so tired I had to go to bed for the next 4-5 hours.

Oh how I remember the good old days, when I would be able to work on my lawn from dawn to dusk, mowing, weeding and planting, back and forth to the store, etc.

I've had this DD for about 5 years.
  2. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Aussiewoman - you are definitely right there! I should have been making my kids help me more all along.

I miss being able to do it if I want to though! I'm a self-proclaimed Type A personality and it is very hard for me to delegate.
  3. kat211

kat211 New Member

I know exactly how you feel. I just gave in to the fact that there are just some things I shouldn't be doing now. I broke down and hired someone to do my lawn for me. Originally, I was all gung ho about doing it myself and making it perfect. Yes, the $25 a week is going to mean something else gets pushed out of the budget, but I am ok with it. I will have so much more time and energy to spend with my young son and on other things in my life. The stress that I am able to avoid now is priceless.

As a type a also, it is ok not to take care of everything on your own.
  4. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

that I cannot do the things I use to do. When I am laying down I think of all the things I think I can do then I get up. I miss those things so much as I loved being active especially playing golf. I watch it and I still think I can go play in my mind that is.