I feel so stupid

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellyann, Apr 12, 2007.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Yesterday:

I went to my doctor appointment, and was sick as a dog during the appointment. Anyway, I was filling out paperwork and wrote in the year as 06 instead of the correct year of 07. The nurse made a big deal out of it to everyone in the office. This was at a FFC too.

It looks like they would be used to people having bouts of brain fog, jeez! The nurse embarassed me terribly. She laughed and laughed like it was the funniest thing ever. I didn't think it was so funny though. I was near tears.
    Maybe I'm too sensitive?

Thanks!
    Kellyann
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Maybe the nurse had gotton into the "medicine cabinet"? Why would someone make such a big deal of such a little error?

Forget about it, she was an idiot. If it bothers you, call the office manager and tell them how RUDE the nurse was, I would.

xxxooo Hermit
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

but sure wasn't yesterday. I have had a bad eye infection, my eye was swollen so bad I didn't even want to be seen in public. It looked horrible. It was just what I needed for the stupid nurse to make fun of me like that. My head hurt so bad from the eye infection I was lucky I could even fill out paperwork, jeez some people can really kick you when you are down.

My eye(actually the area surrounding my eye) has finally drained and feels much better. I am on several antibiotics for it.

Thanks for the kind replies! I needed them badly!
    Kellyann
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

but sure wasn't yesterday. I have had a bad eye infection, my eye was swollen so bad I didn't even want to be seen in public. It looked horrible. It was just what I needed for the stupid nurse to make fun of me like that. My head hurt so bad from the eye infection I was lucky I could even fill out paperwork, jeez some people can really kick you when you are down.

My eye(actually the area surrounding my eye) has finally drained and feels much better. I am on several antibiotics for it.

Thanks for the kind replies! I needed them badly!
    Kellyann
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

some people are sooo insensative! Just know that you are smarter than her and would never do that to someone eles! I'm glad your eye is better!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,Sisland
  6. twerp

twerp New Member

I am sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant experience; there was no call for the way you were treated by that nurse.

Next time you have a Dr's visit, think about making a complaint directly to the Dr. I did that once, regarding a PA who worked for my Dr. He told me it was not the first complaint he'd received.

Next visit, that PA was gone.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  7. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Dearest Kellyann,

(((((HUGS)))) You're not being too sensitive at all. The nurse was being an insensitve twit. We spent 365 days last year writing "06" who knows how many times. For her to ridicule you like that over something so minor and mundane was absolutely obnoxious.

If I was feeling well, I could have come up with something remotely witty and said, "Gee, I didn't know this was elementary school and I was being graded." When I feel lousy, which is a lot, I can't think of ANYTHING to say. There's no excuse for that nonsense, especially at a doc's office where you're trying to get some help and comfort.

It's up to how you're feeling, but you might say to her boss something very simple such as "She ridiculed me in front of the entire office, and I really don't appreciate it."

Hang in there!

Warm hugs, Erika
  8. kellyann

kellyann New Member

trying not to feel too bad. The nurse was totally obnoxious! I was sitting there sick as could be, with the whole side of my face swollen from my eye infection and I could hear her telling everyone about my mistake and just laughing her head off. Oh well, I won't be going back in the office for a good while.

Thanks for the replies everyone, you have made my day!

Take care and be well!
    Kellyann
  9. joyfully

joyfully New Member

When someone is trying to build themself up by cutting you down, consider saying, "Gee, it is too bad that we can't all be perfect like you".

That usually shuts them up and makes them appear to be the insensitive self-absorbed clods that they really are.
  10. jmq

jmq New Member

she is the one with the problems. I think it is VERY important that you tell the doctor about it. She does not belong in a job dealing with ill people...and if you like your doc, he/she will want to know about it.

I am very sensitive too but I try to turn everything into a joke and minimize the situation. Especially if someone is being mean. It takes the air out of their arrogance. I probably just spelled that wrong???? Wish we had spell check :)

Hope she is gone the next time you go there!

jmq