i feel so utterly SMALL!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, May 25, 2010.

1. loto

loto Member

I just have to vent this..I made the biggest fool out of myself yesterday at the Pharmacy.

Well, I hadn't had my pain pills since Monday night, because, as I posted about this a month ago, I ran out the night before my script was allowed to be picked up. (My doctor would not agree to write me a 1 time prescription for a days worth of meds to get me back on track).

Anyway, I had called the pharmacy and was told my meds would be ready the next morning.
    So, it opened at 8, but I was unable to get there until 9, so, they had an hour extra to have it filled! So i got to the drive up window and the girl's acting all confused and can't find my refill anywhere. So I ring the bell again after about 5 minutes of her being away. She comes back and says in a not so nice voice, "we're trying to run it through, your insurance is denying it".

So, I say, "ok". Then she comes back in a few minutes and says, "we're gonna have to call the insurance to get it to go through, can you come back in an hour?" Oh my gosh, I snapped!

I yelled through the window, "I have to be at an appt and need the med now! Don't you people realize I depend on this medicine, I'm in pain, and I don't have any, and need it now!!!"

The girl says, "there's nothing we can do, it's not our fault". And I said, "well then why did they tell me I could get it first thing this morning?" And she says, "I don't know".

So, anyway, I was so upset I left. My husband happened to call me then and I told him what happened, as I went on to my appointment. I started feeling bad about snapping at them and called and apologized, and the lady told me my husband was there now picking it up, that they got it to go through.

So, he was so sweet and brought it to me all the way in the next town. Later he told me that he got on to them, also when one of the girls got smart with him. He asked them how they would feel if they were hooked on crack or something and then all of a sudden didn't have any??? He told them that I have to have the medicine to get up out of bed every day and be able to do anything! I hate that he compared my situation to a crack addict, but he got the point across to them.

Anyway, my conscience is bugging me for being so rude to them. But, it was partly their fault for not having it ready after telling me it would be. I hate that everything is computerized too, it seems they don't always get stuff ready!!!

2. kat211

kat211 New Member

I wouldn't give it too much thought. It sounds like they need an in depth training session in customer service if they got snarky with both you and your husband.

I have 3 pharmacies that I bounce between. At one three of their employees don't speak english well and one is a crabby jerk of a person who seems put out by doing his job. One of the others is run by what appear to be 16 year old girls, complete with the higher than thou attitude. The other is target and i rarely go there b/c they don't have a drive through.

I'm glad your husband was able to help you out. Maybe you could call the pharmacy manager and talk to her/him about the situation and see if they can help you out. I've always found that the manager is always more wiling to help than the techs.

3. loto

loto Member

I really wish my town still had a "small town pharmacy". But, there's only a kroger and walgreens pharmacy here. I don't want to have to drive 15-20 miles away to try another one!

So, I've been bouncing between the 2. UGH! What happened to having employees who know how, and can efficiently do their jobs?!?!?!?!?! Hard to find ANYWHERE, in ANY kind of store nowdays!

4. kat211

kat211 New Member

the problems I have are with Walgreens and Kroger too! It is hard to justify going elsewhere when it costs me more to drive and I get the fuel points with kroger.

I try to do as much shopping as I can online so that I don't have to deal with snarky store employees. The stress the give me isn't worth it.
  5. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

Last time i had my prescription filled at Walmart pharmacy they said they now offer home delivery, mail service. Filling out some type of application and payment method and they set it up . Possibly if you have a store near or not too far to where you could set this up, this may help you from waiting and such.

Just a thought for you.
    So good for your hubby to take care of getting your meds that day.