I feel your love encircling me

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by RoseTx, Jan 31, 2002.

1. RoseTx

RoseTx New Member

I just gotten back from the funeral home. The family viewing is tomorrow and I went in tonight to check to see that everything looks alright. Jim is a bit swollen, but I expected that because of the amount of blood and fluids that had been pumped into him. I had thought we might need to close the casket but I believe he will be alright. I know his brother would want to see him once more. He was bathed and dressed by the men in our Church. He is dressed all in white in the clothing we wear when we worship in the Temple. It made me feel blessed and special as I looked at him and rememberd the promises we have made to God and those that God has made to us. We believe we are married for "Time and all eternity." I love him so much. Tomorrow and Saturday will be long and hard... Pray for me and my family. Hugs, Rose
  2. Esoteric

Esoteric New Member

May your guardian angel hold you extra close over these next few days...

Esoteric
  3. kristine

kristine New Member

...my prayers and thoughts are with you...i know the next few days will be hard, but God is with you..may you find some peace in the upcoming days..and know that you and your family are in our prayers..hugs to you...kristine
  4. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

Deuteronomy 33-26-27

There is no one like the God of Jeshurun,
    Who rides the heavens to help you,
    And His excellency on the clouds.
    The eternal God is your refuge.
    And underneath are the everlasting arms.

May you find comfort and in His everlasting arms.

I am here to support you in any way I am able.

You are in my Prayers always!

Jackie F
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Rose, the Father's peace surround you through this journey you are on. We do know He is with us every single second of our life.

Let His strength be your strength, as His love surrounds you.

Bless you sweet lady, you are in my thoughts continually, and my prayers just don't stop for you.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Rose...if you need anything I am here and feeling strong so don't hesitate to call upon me, Tina or Debbie. Again, I am not tying up your phone but you call me if you need anything!! Leave a message if you have to I can't run fast enough to catch it before callnotes!
    We will see you tomorrow. Debbie is driving us; this is her first visit to her parents since her mom's passing. Love. Lil'
  7. Jude

Jude New Member

Rose, I have been on this board for about fifteen months now off and on and feel that I have come to know you through your stories. I loved your stories about growing up, coming to terms with painful issues in your life and the stories that you shared of the life that you and Jim lived together. I am so sorry for your loss and pain.

I married a man who was the love of my life, my best friend, my lover, my childrens father. We were married for eleven years when he died in an accident leaving me a widow at 33 with two young children to raise. When you lose a husband at a young age you think of all the things that you never got to do and the time was too short. When you lose a husband after forty years together you think how can I go on because I don't know how to live without him. Neither way is easy. I know that God is carrying you now and your fibrosisters are praying for you.

For many years we were a military family too. My husband always went first to a new destination and prepared the way for me and the kids. I think of it this way. He's doing what he's always done, going first and preparing the way and making it easier for me to come later, just in a different existance. As I think that your Jim is preparing the way for you.

My husband died very quickly and for that I am thankful. The last conversation that I had with him he had called from out of town and spoke with me and the kids and told us that he loved us. There are no better words to remember. Although his life was short, I was blessed with a man that loved me with all his heart as I know you were blessed with your Jim. Although my husband is dead and I am of this Earth the love never died; it is and always will be.

I will be praying to God for you to have the strength to get through this and the coming days.

Jude
  8. BrownSuga

BrownSuga New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God is right by your side giving you comfort.
    hugs and sweet kindness to you
    suga

9. RoseTx

RoseTx New Member

There are no words to still my grief
    No sound to stop the pain.
    But, oh, my sisters, with your love
    I may learn to breath again.
    The days wear on, the nights are long.
    My mate has left this life
    And I remain, Oh, I remain.
    And it cuts me like a knife.
    But, by your love, I'm boyed up
    And lifted through this woe.
    With all your love and all your prayers,
    I know I'll live again, I know.

I cannot express what your words, your prayers, your poetry, your sharing of my grief has meant to me.
  10. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Rose, I know the days ahead of you will be very hard. I will keep praying for you and your family. God will carry you as He promises to never leave us. I pray God's love will surround you and you will feel His presence with you. I'm sure you are familiar with Psalms 23:

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul; he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

You can cling to the belief you have that God has prepared a place in heaven for those who believe, where there is no more sickness, crying, and pain or death.

God bless you, Rose.

Hugs,
    Harmony

[This Message was Edited on 02/02/2002]
  11. SOULWRITER

SOULWRITER New Member

I HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO FEEL THE COMFORT
    THAT WE ARE ALL OFFERING.

WE LOVE AND RESPECT YOU AND I PERSONALY WANT TO EXPRESS MY LOVE AND CONCERN FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN THIS TIME OF NEED.

MAY THE LORD KEEP YOU STRONG EMAIL ME IF YA NEED TO GIBBSGAIL@AOL.COM I WILL ANSWER I PROMISE. LOVE GAIL AND PLEASE LEAN ON LIL WE ARE ALL SENDING HER STRENGHT TO CARRY YOU ALONG.
    LOVE GAIL
  12. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

My prayers are with you. I am glad you have found comfort here.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

cathy aka gris