I feel your prayers, Sidney, Kim, C.J., Shirl

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Revella, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Revella

Revella New Member

Thank you so much for the prayers. It helps so much to have all of you praying for us. Dale is some better today, we had a rough night last night. He has been having some trouble with his back, so with the confusion the liver disease causes he decided to try to fold something the right size to put in the curve of his back to try to hold it straight while he slept. He started about 9:30 last night. We tried 2 beds, many towels etc. Nothing seemed to work. He was 'busy' all night talking and 'fixing'. Neither of us ever went to sleep and I had to be at work this morning at 6:30. So needless to say I am completely exhausted and almost past moving and/or thinking. It's so hard to go to work when there is so much stress and pain. Of course I'm sure you all know exactly what I am experiencing. Most days we both have a pretty good outlook but some days, Satan gets ahold and we have a tendency to feel sorry for ourselves. Aren't we glad we have Jesus to run him away!!!
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I suppose you already know this, but the poison from the liver is going through the blood through the brain, that is what is causing him this confusion.

I saw this with my Dad, he even hallucinated, he saw snakes all over the house, he saw a whale passing through the house, he would confuse me for my brother, and it is just endless.
    But he was not in any physical pain, but had a terrible restlessness when these attacks came, he could not stay still, according to the doctors at thata time, they could not give him anything to calm the nerves, that is would work the opposite on his condition.
    They would drain the liver and he would be himself for awhile, then go back to the confusion.

Than he would be as clear as a bell. The doctors said that his liver was in such bad condition that it looked like someones' who drank a fifth of cheap rum a day. My father did not even drink beer, he never drank in his life.

They claimed the liver condition was caused from the chemicials he inhaled from his work (he was a heavy equiptment machanic), and also worked in the shipyards in his younger days.

There was no transplants then.

So I can relate in a way to what you and he are going through, and truly hold him up in prayer, also you. I saw what a tole this took on my Mom, as well as my son, brother and myself.

YOu try to take care of yourself, and get some help if at all possible. You will need your rest too.

God bless hon,

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Kim

Kim New Member

My prayers continue for Dale and for you. We both have to hang on to the greatness of Jesus and His power to make us overcomers. His name is so above any other name. Satan tries every way to wear us down....he knows our fears and our weaknesses BUT we have the Word, we have the Name above all names, we have prayer, and most of all, we have HEAVEN to look forward to.

I've been meditating on Psalm 23 and I'm claiming it for me. I'm claiming it for you and Dale, too. In Jesus' name.

Love and prayers, kim
  4. guestpaula

guestpaula New Member

Revella,
    I hope things are better tonight and you are able to get some rest. God Bless you both. Not to be too confusing but I accidentaly signed my name Sidney the other night. I am Paula. Sidney is a name I use on a PTSD board I frequent. someone else already had my name so a I used my dogs name.
    Blessings to you both and I admire your strength. Hang in there.

Paula