I fell down a couple of stairs today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

at my mothers place..thank goodness my husband was in front of me, I only fell down about 4 steps and fell right into the back of hubby's legs.

but ever since then I have been having lower back pain and when I try and breath in deep it hurts my lower back, should I be concerned or just wait the pain out?

Love, Ann
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I don't know what to advise, but I hope by now you are feeling better. Good luck.
  3. angelstapleton

angelstapleton New Member

I would least call you doc and let them know. It is better to be safe then sorry .
    Glad y our hubby was there . Hope you feel better .
    Bless you Angel
  4. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I am still in lots of pain, it is worse today, really hurts my whole lower back to breath in deeply and there is no way I can leave the house to get it checked,

I am having a very hard time typing this and I have had a heating pad on my back from the time I woke up..if it's not better tomorrow I will try and get to a clinic and see what the Dr has to say there.

love you all, Ann
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Oh My! Bless your heart; that was a long fall. First I want to let you know that I don't think you should leave the heat on your back over 20 minutes at the time. Also, if possible, when you do use it, use the moist heat if you have it.

It's not good to leave the heat on any longer than 20 minutes at the time; per my dr. PLEASE be careful.

Also, it could be muscle pain or something worse. Don't take any chances; my opinion would be to check with your physician.

You may want to try this: if you can, lay down flat on the floor and if the pain decreases, then it may be letting pressure off your spine. When I hurt my lower back, this is the only relief I could get for 3 weeks.

If you can't, then by all means, don't try it. I wouldn't suggest pushing yourself at this point.

Hope it gets better and also hope it's not serious,

BlueSky555