I fell downowie, owie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I was trying to get inside the screen door and my arms were full of groceries and I think my shoe caught on this carpet stuff that is on the stairs.

I flew forward and twisted because I landed on my left hip.
    I have a cut on my elbow and on my leg. It has been about an hour since I fell, so now everything is really starting to hurt.

I have an appt with chiropractor at 6pm. And, I called my boss and told her I wouldn't be in.

My dog was outside when this happened but the chain wouldn't reach to where I was. He was really throwing a fit because he couldn't get over to help "mom".
    He checked me over and licked my cuts and now is sleeping on the floor next to me.

2. loldershaw

loldershaw Member

Bead, hope you are ok, hon. I know how stunned you must be...have fallen a few times in the past year, and it's not fun. Tomorrow you will be sore in places you forgot that you have. Hopefully you have some ice on your hurting spots and will soak in a tup with Epsom salts later this evening. I'm glad your sweet dog is looking after you now. I just checked to see if you happened to be in chat...will look for you there later this evening. Take care, dear. I'm thinking of you.

3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I hope you heal quickly. Sorry you fell.

4. poets

poets Member

I hated to hear you fell. I hope you recover quickly. I'm glad you weren't hurt worse and that you didn't break anything. Take Care.

5. kriket

kriket New Member

So sorry hun-

I fell last Thurs. night and landed head first and jammed all the vertebrates in my neck and I am paying for it, so I can relate. I am so sorry you fell as this was all u needed on top of the pain u had already. Hope u get to feelin better soon.

6. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

POOR Beadlady! What is it with us, we who fall down go boom owie too darned often??

Like this: fall and break a femur, then have two surgeons botch up the fixit. Get a powerchair because the fall and surgeries shorten the leg by an inch and walking is a big owie.

Also get 1" lifts put on several shoes for that broken-leg foot because dr says lifts will help ease pain. Dr is wrong there, by the way.

Fall off the D***** lifted shoe so many times they can't be counted.

Fall over powerchair and break toe(s) in the same dang foot!

Consider shooting dr. I'M KIDDING. Besides I don't own a gun.

I hope like crazy your Epsom soak and chiro help you get all better.