I fell

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aeronsmom, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I was taking my 7 yr old to the school bus this morning and I guess I slipped on ice and fell on my right knee, I am in sooooo much pain now, my knee is swollen and red, my ankle hurts and my lower back is killing me, who would of thought that a small fall like that would send my whole body in pain, I am not sure if I should go to the clinic or just stay home and put an ice pack on my knee, a heating pad on my back and just take something for the pain...now my neck is starting to act up...ahhhhh...some shoot me now!! lol...

Love to all, Ann
  2. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

It sounds like you took a nasty fall. Sorry to hear it. I believe you ought to call the doctor. If you went down on your knee, you may have cracked your kneecap. My ex did that very thing one winter when he fell on the ice.

You probably should have an Xray done. Your doctor could order one and then advise you from there.

You might be very sore for a few days. Ice for swelling. Heat for the other aches and pains. But, I do think you should contact your doctor.

Best of luck and rest easy until you heal. Hugs, doloresf1
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I think I will go ahead and do that, it is really sore..my bones are not the greatest because I don't get alot of calcium because I have lactose intolerance, I know I should take supplements for that and I am going to start this A.S.A.P. as well.

Love to all, Ann
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Sorry to hear of your fall!,,,,,Let us know what the Doc says!,,,,,Sis
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Do hope you are doing better tonight! That ice can be so
    dangerous! I know it must be difficult having responsibility
    for FOUR boys, and one only being seven. Keep us posted as
    to how you're doing, "K"?

6. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

well I tried to go to the clinic...but the darn thing closed so now I will have to wait till tomorrow. Thank you for your well wishes and I will post when I find something out.

Love to all, Ann
  7. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

I know how bad that must feel right now. So, so very sorry.

I was eating at an area restaurant during the last rain/snow we had and, apparently, their roof leaked into the women's room. The light was dim and I didn't see the huge pool of water on the floor.

I didn't hit the pavement, but I was very, very busy for a few seconds, doing all this "Matrix" aerial stuff to keep from falling down.

Gave my body such a jolt that it hurt like hell anyway. :(

Don't forget baths with epsom salts to help take down the swelling.

I hope you recover quickly.

Love and hugs.