I filed for SSD this week

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JP, May 8, 2003.

1. JP

JP New Member

and it was a difficult process. I just told the truth on the form. I have other conditions that are commom for disability, along with FMS. I can only hope that they support my claim. I hear so many people say they were rejected on the first time...I don't know what I will do if this happens. I have not worked in 17 months and I am clear that my body will not allow me to work. I have the support for my statement, I just feel frightened that they will turn me down.

Thanks for being here...Jan
  2. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I applied for disability back in 1997 and JUST won my claim in 2003.I had been through hell and also had to file a brand new claim in 2000(a lie which SSA told me).Be prepared to have another denial,when you get to the hearing part with the SSA judge,make sure you have a lawyer.Otherwise you will most likley lose.It is common to be denied over and over.(unless you have it in writing by your Dr. stating you are 100% TOTALLY disabled)If you have any questions you can e-mail me at goodmom@frontiernet.net (not that I am an expert but have alot of experience of things going wrong).I did finally win my claim Jan. this yr.I did get some SSI,but my Social Security part is lost in Boston somewhere.(so many times my records have gotten lost with the system-argh!)I may have some pointers for you if you need to have any questions answered.I barely made it through the whole process with what little sanity I have left.
  3. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

I applied for SSD last May and the stress of waiting almost killed me. I avoided applying for a long time because I didn't want to admit to myself that I no longer could work. My future was so uncertain and my employer quit paying me for short term disability and wouldn't allow long term disability. It was a long 6 months before I found out I had been approved. Just remember, we are here for you and don't be hesitant to express your anxiety because we all understand how you are feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Betsy2
  4. JP

JP New Member

I really need to let it go for my own well-being. If I am not approved I have no idea what I will do. I hear that it helps if you have lots of documentation with multiple conditions. I guess I will find out. My State disability runs out at the end of July...Jan