Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kitteejo, Sep 30, 2008.

  1. kitteejo

    kitteejo Member

    Well, I did it, had my first SSDI appointment yesterday and filed for Disability all on my own. I am the one that fired my attorney.

    I was a wreck all weekend. Checking all of paper work to make sure I crossed all the T's and dotted all my I's. I was so stressed I wanted to cancel the appointment and just forget about filing.

    But I went and it went really well in my opinion. They were very nice and helpful. I brought the SSA-3368, Adult Disability Report and SSA-3369, Work History Report, completely filled out. My representative was so greatful and said that this would help the processing.

    Now, I join the waiting game with others.

    I thank all of you that supported me and gave me great advise.

  2. BlueSky555

    BlueSky555 New Member

    Good for you; I'm so glad that you filed on your own. I wish you the best and hope it won't take so long.

  3. jenn_c

    jenn_c New Member

    Just keep positive thoughts. You deserve to be approved. You have workedhard all of you life.Between the pain and fatigue it is imperative that they approve you. Godd luck abd I'll say a prayer for you.

  4. kitteejo

    kitteejo Member

    I did keep copies of everything. One funny thing I brought them copies of my primary care's records and he said they would be asking for another set. Maybe they think I fudge them up, I don't know. That may have been a waste of paper and ink but at least I now know what he wrote in it. It wasn't that great and I was very disappointed that he didn't record our conversations in the exam room as they happened. I think he was too brief.

    Oh well, it is what it is. I have many specialist that hopefully will help too. He did write a letter that stated my disability and how I met the CDC's requirements, that was positive.

    I was very honest with my application and wrote in detail what I can no longer do and how I spend my day in a chair as I just can't do more than a half hour a day of anything physical. I was very organized and overly prepared and that may hurt my cognitive claim but I just couldn't stop myself from doing that. I did note that it took me over two months to complete it and that's the truth. They are very difficult questions.

    Thanks for your prayers, I'll say one back for all of you.



[ advertisement ]