I finally applied for SSDI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1975jet, Jun 29, 2006.

1. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi all; today I applied for SSDI- I know it is a long road but where can I go anyways? My doctor told me no working/ and I really need more tests done- but I can't take it no more so I bit the big one and applied...

It was scarry, but I was a good girl and took my Xanax and did the best I could do.

wish me luck- I do have a lawyer I have already spoke with so we will just have to see.

Thanks for all out there for the encouragement
  2. keke466

keke466 New Member

I'm thinking about doing it myself. I was fired on the 20th from my job of 8 yrs. I filed for unemployment last Fri. I know they will deny it and I will have to appeal and I dread it so much. I have a feeling it will be a big fight. But I'm thinking about contacting a SSD attorney and see if I can file for that while waiting and drawing unemployment. I think in some states you can but don't know about OK. Good luck to you. I'm just worried about how I'll live and pay bills while waiting.

Keke
  3. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hang in there keke- this board is what really finally help me make the decision- Keep posting you will get down it is definitely not easy dealing with government agencies but do not give up- I did before and I won't do it this time....

Hugs and Bless
    Janet
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Good luck! I hope you receive a favorable decision soon!!!

Hugs,
    Janet