I finally found something to stop the itching

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bubblegum, Jul 3, 2003.

1. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

I bought it today at the drugstore. It's a benedryl product that you spray on. I was having such a bad case of the itches that I opened it immediately after paying for it and sprayed it on in the store. I haven't scratched since!! Its been over an hour. I can't take benedryl in pill form and the cream blocks the pores and causes hives, so I decided to try this and it works. Hope it helps others with the itches.
    Ciao for Now
    Sandy
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

sticky water for me, but I'm glad it helps you. Remember the Aveeno products, too, they're good if what you have is assocaited with dryness and discomfort.
    Glad you found something.
    Kady
  3. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

Sorry it got sticky for you. The second time I put it on today I used too much and it also got sticky. But it still stopped the itch.
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I have always found oral Benedryl to work the best for me for the pure itchiness (inside my ears & mouth) associated with allergies----better than the newer prescription antihistimines like Zyrtec, for example. Does make most people sleepy though. My husband just used the benedryl topical product (not the spray, but the stick you rub on) for an itchy bug bite & it was very helpful.

Hugs,
    Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 07/04/2003]
  5. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

I agree about the prescription antihistimines (sp?) My doc prescribed the generic for Atarax 50mg. I took one and slept for 2 1/2 days. Not a good thing since I have 2 young kids. lol. Have a great 4th
    Ciao
    Sandy