i FINALLY got it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by allhart, Oct 18, 2002.

1. allhart

allhart New Member

i asked for my reveiw in front of the alj for ssi in the beging of may and just got the notice today that my court date is on
    nov 18 at 800am i still never found a lawyer who would take my case. im totally unprepared because i have been so sick for the last couple of monthes im praying that it gose well but ive learn not to get my hopes up.
    PLEASE ANY AND ALL suggustions on what i need and what you have all learned and what i need to do
    thanks kara
  2. allhart

allhart New Member

i asked for my reveiw in front of the alj for ssi in the beging of may and just got the notice today that my court date is on
    nov 18 at 800am i still never found a lawyer who would take my case. im totally unprepared because i have been so sick for the last couple of monthes im praying that it gose well but ive learn not to get my hopes up.
    PLEASE ANY AND ALL suggustions on what i need and what you have all learned and what i need to do
    thanks kara
  3. kay

kay New Member

I noticed you are from Tuson, so is my hubby! Well Scott Davis,a dissability lawyer is from Phonix. Look up dissalility on here and he is great. I have written to him a few times with questions and have been answered back. If I didn' have a lawyer already I would have gotton him. I have been denied 2 times and now have to go for a hearing. When??? I still dont know. If I dont when this time I am thinking about getting him!! GOOD LUCK, and let us know how you make out! LOL, kAY
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

ss those are some good ideas thanks i planned on asking my ex father in law that is a ins judge to testify for me because he knows how sick ive gotten,i figure that may help

kay ,wow your close i like to hear that there are others in this state with this dd
    i did contact scott davis and got a rude response,they said they dont do ssi cases and to check the phone book! in the letter i wrote them i exsplained that all other lawyers were telling me they wouldnt take my case because there was not enough money to be made! i know he helps alot of people but he was rude to me ,thanks for the suggustion though maybe someone eles will read this and be able to use him.
  5. kay

kay New Member

then why is he on this sight if he isn't going to help out like he sounds like he would? Strange!! My hubby is from Marana out side Tuson, but we live in Knoxville Tn. now.I am from Nevada. We miss the dessert and want to move back. Would help me also with my cfs & fibro! TOOOOO damp here for me! Take care and best of luck lol Kay
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

Helps people with SSDI cases. Kara's is an SSI case, which is based on income, not just disability. Attorneys don't like to take them because there's not much money to be made from them. They are limited on the SSDI cases too, but not as much.

Kara, you have a month to work on your case. If you try to do a little each day, during your best part of the day you should be able to get quite a but done. I wish you all the best with this. Cactus Lil may have some suggestions. She receives SSI.

Barbara
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2002]