I finally got the good news

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Alyndra, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Yesterday was completely surreal.

My phone rang at 7:56 am, (of course I let it go to message)and it was my case worker saying I needed to talk her urgently.

I called her back, anticipating to have to get more files, more reports, more appointments, more forms. Just, more. There's always more these days.

All she had to say, was that I was approved.

Approved!

If it puts it into perspective, it was so awkward hearing the decision from her because I've only met her once before - and that was from picking up my applications and such.

Once I got the papers from her, my GP took over and my application was sent in August 27 of this year.

I may not have any firm diagnosis's now that the doctors revoked even the ones I did have, but the adjudicators got enough from my test results to approve me with no questions in less then 3 months!

Around home, I think we're all still waiting for the relief to really sink in.

I just had to share the good news with somebody!

~Amanda

Well, I came back for an edit. Looks like html is on strike today. Words that were supposed to be bold and italic'd just ended up accompanied by a bunch of brackets and letters. I removed them to avoid making my post look like another language! lol[This Message was Edited on 11/11/2006]
  2. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

amanda that is awesome-congrats
    we are talking about ss disability correct ?
    did you hire an lawyer ? i know your going to have a great weekend ---------GOD BLESS FOY
  3. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Thanks guys! My mind hasn't felt this clear in awhile.

I'm already trying to budget the money I don't even have yet! It's sad, really. But it's such a relief to know that the debt that I've heavily & steadily been collecting for almost 2 years now is going to calm down a bit!

Scary thing is - I had no lawyers, no nothing! I didn't even fully complete the application in some of the 'self assessment' areas because they seemed too asinine. Alot of my answers were non descriptive - one word answers, or were answers like "If I had the time or energy to fully complete a self report essay, I could have continued taking my English Media course of which I had to drop due to my health" kind of answers.

I thought for sure I'd be anything but approved.

~Amanda
  4. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

CONGRATS!
  5. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Amanda - I am so happy for you!!!! You go girl. Janet
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i need to get ready now..my son has a football game.

jodie
  7. findmind

findmind New Member

How wonderful for you! Congrats on the great replies on your application...that'll show 'em! LOL

I remember when I got approved for SS; after 1-1/2 years! that was back in 92, and they seem to be approving them more easily now.

I was so excited and cried and then started spending the money before I had it, too...HA....they didn't even tell me in the approval letter they had deposited $17,000 dollars back payments into my bank account! Sure helped pay the bills off and start a better life with some security.

Best of luck to you; may you have the money now to pay for treatments that help you and feel better soon.

There's always hope!
    findmind