i finally was able to do it(diet change)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blessedmom2four, Jul 18, 2006.

1. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

since being diagnosed and researching this dd, i have been wanting to eat healthier but couldnt get the motivation to give up the easy good tasting junk food.

i would go to bed everynight and say i am going to wake up and eat 1 egg and some fruit, but everytime i would wake up and eat donuts and hohos.

i finally did it, 2 days in a row i have eaten no carbs, no sugar
    mostly fruit veggies chicken

i have a huge headache, and feel alittle sick to my stommach. praying i can keep it up, for my healths sake
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

It gets easier as each day goes by. After a few more days the cravings will go away. And you will feel so much better! Good Luck!!
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I do the same thing, go to bed every night and say I'll make better food choices tomorrow.

I have been doing better by eating fresh fruits and salads, but I'm in a rut and need to climb out!

I wish you continued success!!
  4. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

It took me almost 2 years and more then 40 extra pounds before I finally decided to watch my weight. Have lost about 20 pounds now but it comes off a lot harder then it went on. lol. Good for you and don't give up. If you screw up one day just forget about it and the next day start all over again. we all have those days when we just need a ho ho or two......SueS
  5. Skristm

Skristm New Member

I have struggled with my wieght as well. What are you doing to drop pounds, but maintain energy?

Thanks,
    Krissy
  6. blessedmom2four

for me before i had active FM, i had done atkins, and lost about 50 pounds +, but there are things with atkins that are not good for the FM,

i am starting with fruit,veggies,chicken,tuna,eggs,small amounts of cheese.
    No sugar and no bad carbs, eventually i will give up my sugarfree redbulls, and i am sure i will have to add foods and elimate foods but i had to start somewhere.

i know i will loose weight eating this way, as i eat way less then when i eat junk food
  7. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Hi....hope it is going well today.

I also (as of last Friday) became very firm with myself about changing my diet....after looking in the mirror while dressing!
    I am trying to cut out most of the bad stuff. I see that you have cut out all sugar, but thought that I would let you know what has helped me.

I have a hard time drinking enough water. I found this flavored water (no juice). it is Propel. It is very low in sugar, but contains Calcium, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12. I drink two of these a day and it gives me energy and also helps fill me. I am eating more sensible. I hope this works.

Just thought that I would mention the water. You might want to try it.

Love.....Mari
  8. TAM

TAM New Member

Hi,

I'm with you there on enjoying junkfood, i don't like to many healthy foods. Thats great that your going to try to give it up.

You could still enjoy something ever now and then, thats better then eating junkfood everyday have something once a month. Like one of those monster size cookies, then if anyone asks if you had any junkfood you can say ya i just ate one cookie thats all! LOL (THEY DID'NT ASK THE SIZE OF THE COOKIE)

I tell you thats what i should do is stop eating junkfood, i lost 14 lbs without even trying now i'm 121 lbs, so if i gave junkfood up i could get down to 115 and be more healthy.Take care, Good luck!
    Tammy
  9. blessedmom2four

for all the support, i am on day 3 now. Not as bad headaches as yesterday. My goal weight is 115-120. i am 135.5 now, although i am not nessicarilly doing it to lose weight, more for health reasons i am lossing weight and will eating this way. also got on the treadmil last night, i am not sure hoe long, i had used that time to do my prayers and talk with God

not sure if i am up to the treadmil today, have alot of pain
  10. blessedmom2four

thank you for the info, hope you can get back on the bandwagon soon...

day six still going strong for me its getting alittle easier...

i love choclate and sweets , thats what i grew up on...
    oh well... thats life
  11. Empower

Empower New Member

Hurray for you!!!

I am in the same boat

Finally going to a sort of nutrition guy,and right now he has me on no sugar, potatoes, wheat.

It is VERY difficult for me,

The day after I started, I was so tired, that I woke up, ate breakfast, and went back to sleep

It has been 1 1/2 week now. I am STILL craving the sugar like mad!