I finished another painting have pics

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Dec 22, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hello everyone and Season's Greetings, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanaka and all to all!

I have finished another painting, it is on the site I posted the other day. It is the first pic of storm clouds, I had it posted but it wasn't finished as I was having issues with the foreground. I have framed it since but did not photograph well.

For others that haven't seen the site, it is pics of the area I live in and I love clouds and have lots of opportunities to take pics. Then my paintings are at the bottom, except for the one I just finished, the pic beside it was my inspiration.

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy and peaceful hoilday-Carla

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Your photos and paintings are great. I wish you could have been w/ Gordon and me on our recent trip to Tombstone, AZ.

The view was awe inspiring. No buildings. Just desert w/ mountains in the distance. Blue sky and white cumulus clouds with flat, dark bottoms. Shadows from the clouds falling on the rolling landscape.

I would love to leave LA and move there. (On the other hand, Gordon looked around and said, "Boy, this place is desolate.")

God Jul

3. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Wow, what a beautiful picture Carla, gosh you are talented. I can't believe that is just a hobby of yours, you should go into business. You would make a lot of money on your paintings. I just love that picture and it would go so good in my living room. Hint hint. LOL

4. ckball

ckball New Member

Julie, Rock and Mickey.

Julie I am so glad you are back home and safe now, thanks for looking and I know you have beautiful scenary where you are too.

Rock I would have LOVED to go with you and Gordon. I went to the Grand Canyon in 2001, flew there from Vegas and words can't describe the scenary, I love sunets, mountains and clouds and they are beautiful when they all fall together seamlessly.

Mickey you are so sweet but there are many other more talented than me in this town. It is really hard for me and I struggle with every painting. But I do truly enjoy it and I forget about everything else while I am doing it.

I could arrange Santa to deliver it to you, unframed for Christmas :) for a small fee,lol. I can always paint another one for the show.

My art club has a art show in Feb so I am trying to get new things to put in the show. Thanks again for looking at my youtubes and pictures and all your wonderful comments-Carla
  5. jole

jole Member

I have to agree with the others....your pictures are great! I can't decide on a winner, but several of them would look good at my house also :)

The site with your doggies was also fun..and I watched them playing on/in your bed several times..LOL Made me laugh. They are soooo like kids!

Have a great Christmas with your girls....I plan to spend mine in my jammies if I can get away with it....although my hubby wants to go to his brothers, and I doubt jammies would be appropriate. Ya think???? ***Jole****
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I have been meaning to post to this thread but keep forgetting to. Yes, you pictures are really neat. You have alot more talent than I do for sure. You don't want to see any of my paintings, if I would ever paint anything.

Yes, I also enjoyed your video of the girls or should I say mostly of Twy who wanted so badly to play peek a boo and Missy couldn't have cared less.

Have a wonderfully peaceful Christmas with the girls. You need some time to rest and get some energy back .

Bye for now and see you later on the Porch.

7. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

Carla - You're so incredibly talented. You have a soothing quality to your work that touches my spirit.

Sorry I'm late in getting to your work, but I'm certainly one of your biggest fans.

8. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you Jole, Granni and Nancy, I appreciate you taking the time to share my passion and glad you like it.

Nancy you are the treasure and have had a rough year but you don't give up, well very long. I hope you had a great holiday and didn't overdo and pay too much.

Jole and Granni thanks so much but I do work hard at it, it don't come easy and many more failures than success's. I know you guys had good days too and Jole-jammies are appropriate ANYTIME I am at home, lol. Then I get out the "good" sweats for Wally trips. Have a Happy New Year -Carla