I finished my first knitting project Elf Slippers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by morningsonshine, Nov 28, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I finished my first knitting project!! Yeah! They are felted slippers.

I posted a picture of one before washing, and one after.
    It's like a large sock made with wool, and you wash it in hot water to felt it.

Then put it on your foot to dry, and it forms to your foot shape.

Kinda looks like elf shoes!

Okay, so send me your shoes size and i'll get busy!LOL

It was alot of fun, and i had some help from GeorgiaC, and my mom.
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Very cute!

I wear a size 7 1/2. :>)

3. morningsonshine

Thanks for looking! Check your mail! LOL

7 1/2 is my size!! NO! you can't have my slippers!(smile)

Hows the shelter going? Any kitties interest you yet? I find male cats more affectionate, and loveable, how about you??

If they ever get in a American bobtail cat, or manx, they make excellant companions, and have a more dog like personality.

4. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

The Elf slippers are so cute.

I am a knitting addict also. I have knitted since I was 7 but I have not tried felting yet.

Knitting is my tension release.
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

OMG, they are the cutest things! My daughter bought a book and taught herself to knit - on Friday - last week. She is making a chunky, thick scarf, says she had about 3 feet done today. Are the elf slippers hard to do? How long before she might be able to attempt something that hard? They are SO CUTE!
  6. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

These are so cute! I hope the elves appreciate them ;-)
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm a size 7 and could I request either Christmas green or red with a bell on each foot?

Nancy B
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I'm a size 8 1/2. Could you please make mine with fur that looks like Santa's beard?????

9. morningsonshine

Ouch, the heel wasn't as bad as i expected! I complained to my mom that it just wasn't logical! But when i quite complaining and just followed the instruction, it worked!!

This is a great beginner's project, because when you shrink the wool down, all your mistakes magically disappear! Poof!!

This is addicting! I want to keep knitting, Georgia!

Busyknitter2, Try felting it's fun! What do you knit?

Ellispad, glad your daughter knitting too, it's fun, these slippers were challenging, but a beginners project! I did have to ask questions along the way.

Smiffy, Nancy B., and ksp65, sorry your slippers are on back order, the elves are keeping me overly busy!! LOL

10. morningsonshine

bumping so hopefully you can see i replied!

Smile today!
  11. they are really cute. I wear a size 7, LOL! were they hard to make (for a beginner)? Love the color too.