I forget everything!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HBanana, Nov 18, 2005.

1. HBanana

HBanana New Member

Hello everyone -- I am brand new here (I came across the board awhile ago, but recently realized how badly I need it, so here I am). I'm so glad to find this place.

I used to think the "fibro fog" didn't affect me, but for a few years now that has NOT been the case.

I made a doctor's appointment for this week (I scheduled the appt. a MONTH ago), and I *really* needed to go to it. I got up this morning and got ready to go, and found a piece of paper saying it was for yesterday, not today. So I already missed it. This is the 3rd appt. I've missed for this reason in the last few weeks.

We have street parking, and every single time I leave my house I have no memory whatsoever of where my car is, I just have to head off in a random direction and hope I run into it.

I have lost touch with all of my former friends because I cannot remember to return their calls, and when I do remember I feel too awful to do it.

Meanwhile, my family wonders when I will go back to school. It's hard for them to understand where their bright daughter went.

I'm sorry this is long, I just needed to get this out in an understanding environment. Thanks.

~Hannah
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Hannah bannana! welcome! glad you're here. I'm sure everyone here can relate with the fog! Yours sound very severe. Why not give the Drs apt info to your honey and have him remind you! Make sure to talk with the Dr about this! Love your picture you are so sweet and young! take care of yourself! Lynn
  3. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Another suggestion would be if you get on the computer in the morning first thing put reminders on your calendar so that they pop up as soon as you turn the computer on. I am about to that point. Last week I missed my first therapy appointment by 2 hours. Didn't even know it till I got there and they told me. Now that is feeling stupid. lol
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I have a blackboard in the kitchen and I write things I need to remember on it.

It doesnt always work though - I had a phone appointment with my doctor yesterday, I thought it was for 1pm, looked at board around 12 only to find appointment was for 11.20. I had missed it.

So no point keeping a board and a callendar if I dont check it every day.

Just explain to your doctor and he should understand. I hope mine does because its not the first time either.

love
    Rosie
  5. patches25

patches25 New Member

We have all been there I am sure. I missed a dental appt recently and all because I didn't follow my own stratagy for making appt. I never let an appt be on a Monday. I miss that every time for some reason. If at all possible, I make my appts for Tuesdays, Mom's for Wednesdays and will accept Thursday if those don't work. Emergency appts a person remembers.

Sometimes I write appts in big letters and tape to a place in my bedroom so that when I open my eyes I see it.

I wonder if I had a little oxygen tank and took a whiff once in a while I could be normal. TeeHee. E.
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

one I have is using the tp do list on my cell phone-I always have it with me-you can check ot things for the next day.Linda
  7. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

My husband thinks I'm losing my mind because of the fibro fog. I enjoy having things neat and organized at home, but I constantly put things away. The problem is my organizational skills are so good I can't find ANYTHING. I continuously lose things. This drives me crazy. At least everyone on this forum understands the fog thing.
  8. HBanana

HBanana New Member

Thank you all for the helpful tips! I think I may try all of them and hope that at least one of them works! ;)

~Hannah