I forgot, for those who are married

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by claudiaw, Feb 8, 2006.

1. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

My husband belongs to a support group called Well Spouse (www.wellspouse.org). It has helped him a lot having people who really understand what it is like to be married to someone with a serious, and/or chronic condition. I just wanted to put that out there in hopes that it might help someone. He was getting very depressed and stressed and he is getting better.:) I will go for sure this time, but wanted to post before I forgot.:)
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I will look into it. Sounds like a great organization.

Glad you posted it before you left...fibro fog, you know! (-:

Sue
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

4. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

Thanks for this referral. I worry so about my husband and my family and what CFIDS is doing to them. My husband is great but it is hard on my step children who see me one weekend up and another weekend not so good. Maybe this group can help us to help the kids. Thanks again for the positive - something we can all use when everything often seems so 'uphill' all the time.

Ana
  5. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Very helpful. I think my hub is in the denial stage right now. Like, I've been this way for 15 yrs why should anything change now?

Fortunately, we both started counseling at the same time with diff people. Hopefully he will process some of this there.

He has always helped me a lot. I have always felt guilty about it. Funny, but I still do even though I understand why it's been so difficult for me to function on everyone else's level.

Anyway, Thanks this is a terrific resource.

Sofi
  6. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Just what I needed!

Jennifer
  7. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

I have just finished reading "Beyond Chaos : One Man's Journey Alongside His Chronically Ill Wife" by Gregg Piburn. His wife, Sherrie, has fibromyalgia and a few other issues. It is AWESOME - it really addresses the issues that couples deal with when one person is "normal" and one is chronically ill. Gregg tells how he deals with the "caretaker" role...and how he sometimes HASN'T dealt with it very well.

I highly recommend it! (My husband is reading it now and says it is really hitting on some major issues for him.)
  8. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

has helped my husband. I know he feels alone like I do. He has acrazy work schedule and now he has to do the housework and he worries about me. I try to not "dump" on him because he has enough stress. At well spouse he can get encouragement and understanding like hopefully I can here.
    Also there are people on that sight who are far worse then I am so it helps put things in prspective. I hope it your husband.:)
    Claudia
  9. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

about everything!:) NOw I feel like I have failed my husband. Right now I can't cook or clean or drive. So he has to run my errands do housework and go to his work, which has crazy hours. He is very stressed, but just like me he felt like people just couldn't understand our situation, so this board let's him vent and get encouraged by people who really know what it is like. There are people on there whose spouse is much worse then me (with other illnesses) so it hepls put things in prespective. Hope this helps your hubby.:)
    Claudia
  10. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I hope it helps.
    Claudia
  11. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I will try to find it on amazon. We have to watch our finances. That's another stress. We take out our own insurance, it goes up every year. Now he is the sole provider so that's a big stress. I will look for this book anything that will help him.:) He has been wonderful through all this, but sometimes we fight a bit because we are both stressed!:)Take care.
    claudia