I forgot something else I wanted to ask.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lv2sing, Mar 30, 2007.

1. lv2sing

lv2sing New Member

Has anyone ever come down w/ having "jerking" movements , that come out of the blue, that happen very quick? I get it usually later in the day. I will be watching TV, & I'll get a very quick & hard jerk over my whole body, that I can't seem to control. If anyone has had this, do you know what it is, & what I can do about it? I don't know if it's a type of a seizure maybe, or just the fibro causing it. If I tell my GP about it, I'm sure he'll be wanting to do all these expensive tests like CT or MRI scans to see what's going on, get charged $3000 , then say everything is normal. Someone please advise.
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

I get it at night or during the day if I am trying to nap. some times it is stronger than others. It feels like you are being shocked. Are you on Tramadol or Cymbalta by any chance? I heard taking both together could cause seizures but why wouldnt we feel it all day? I forgot to mention it to the doctors...there is just sooo many symptoms to remember!?

jmq
  3. lv2sing

lv2sing New Member

It's a 1mg tablet, but I cut it in half. When I was taking the whole thing, I was having TONS of sleep paralysis episodes, like almost nightly, & even in the mornings napping on the couch. SCARY! So, they have stopped now, but the jerking stuff has started a couple months ago. I also take Effexor XR, 150mg? ix a day. Plus my pain meds, muscle relaxer, etc. All together about 16 meds, but some of them are for asthma & my eyes (Sjogrens).