I forgot to introduce myself into this group

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kathleen12, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

When I first posted here about what is "chat" about, I just assumed that this board was for anyone who wanted to post ot questions from CFS/FIBRO board and thought every body already knwe everyone else here. So let me start over...LOL.

Hi, my name is Kathleen, as you can probably tell from my user name. I had been posting on the CFS board about a year ago and then just kind of sunk into a bit of despair with my diseases and stopped posting.

This looks like a fun group and hope I can hang out a while.
    I also have Diabetes T1 and post there on occasion but it is such a slow board that I only check in every now and then.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Welcome to the Chit-Chat Board! It's alot of fun over here!,,,,,Sis
  3. woofmom

woofmom New Member

4. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I've always posted on the FM board but recently found the Chit Chat board and it seems so much nicer over here.

BTW: Can I ask what is the Porchlight all about?
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice people here to talk with.

When I joined this group about 2 1/2 years ago, there was no chit chat board. So if you wanted to take a break from discussing the DD (darned disease), you put "OT" on your post so readers would know it was "off topic."

Off topic meaning not about medical matters. And then some of us were talking about the good old days when houses had porches and people would sit on them in the evening, maybe drink lemonade, chat w/ people who walked by, etc.

So that's how the porch thread got started. Feel free to drop by anytime.

Now that we have the chit chat board, this whole board is off topic and people can discuss books, kids, pets, recipes, etc.

6. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Hi! Read the porchlight posts and you'll understand it. I haven't posted on it. But, I sometimes read it.
  7. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Welcome to our little group...
  8. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Nice to hear from you. I have been on this board for about 5 yrs. I look back at all my ups and downs during that time.

My husband was recently diagnosed with diabetes. I know diabetes can also cause depression.

I am having a sort of rough time right now myself. I am forced to travel for business and am at a location with a 4 hour time difference. Having sleep problems, this just creates havoc.

Take care
  9. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

It is so nice to see so many familiar faces here and am very happy to meet new ones!

I will enjoy visiting here, but just note that I am a very sporadic poster. I may post several times a day then you may not hear from me for another week. I have no consistancy what so ever!
  10. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

happy to meet you - consistency isn't a requirement for this board, many of us go off for days/weeks/months when we don't feel so good - hopefully when we feel SO good we're never home!!

11. Doober

Doober New Member

Welcom, welcome.

Be careful. There are some cwazy people here just having too much fun in this ChitChat forum.

Make sure you catch up on everything here cuz we are gonna quiz ya later......lol

Oh, and pay special attention to Frank (Our calendar model, the type that if I was a girl....hmmm hmmm hmmm delish).......lol

(I hope elaine doesn't be mad at me cause I be joking about Frank)
  12. annie1202

annie1202 New Member

I'm Annie, and I am new to this board too. I may have posted here once or twice before.

I have CFS and Fibro and like to get info over on the FM/CFS board, but I would also like more lighthearted topics.

I'm happy to meet you.

13. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Welcome to the chitchat board! I post here much more often than the cfs/fm board, it is always fun and supportive when you need it. Love the pic in your profile! Hope to talk to you more. Kim :)
  14. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Too bad this lap-top doesn't have a key that says "thank you" on it, because I find myself using those two words more and more often these days.

About my profile photo....the ocean behind me is not one of Mississippi's, this was actually taken in Virginia Beach. Even though I only live about 50 miles from our beaches, I hardly ever go to them. I like the natural beaches way much more.

Again, thank you for the warm welcomes.
  15. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

So happy to meet you, Kagthleen and Annie. You will soon recognize me as the bad typist! All I want is a spell check!!!

Seriously, you may talk about anything that yo0u wish that doesn't pertain too much to your health. Tell us about your flares if you wish but also tell us about the fun time you had on Sat. night, your kids and their antics or that troublesome in-law!! just visit with us.

We welcome you with love and fun! if you only want to post just once in a while, that's OK. I do that sometime when I run short of time. Just have fun.

Gentle Hugs,

16. Doober

Doober New Member

worry too much on the typing or bad spelling.

We all read and type the same language.....fogginese.
  17. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Don't worry about typos....I look at it as a challenge...LOL. I love trying to read codes!

It's funny Lilaclover, when I first read your user name, I thought it was Lila clover, not Lilac lover! That's also fun, figuring out how to pronounce some of the user names. Thaer is no guessing about mine, though, huh?
  18. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Lol!! I have been here for a year and a half and I also read your name as Lila Clover. That's funny. Kim :)
  19. Marta608

Marta608 Member

....first, welcome again Kathleen - and welcome too, to Annie.

I've always thought it was lila clover!!! Good one, Kathleen! Sorry, lilac.