Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BelleoftheSouth, Oct 1, 2008.

1. BelleoftheSouth

BelleoftheSouth New Member

This is killing me not to remember what I wanted to ask but I have different questions.

I'm afraid of all the pills I take.

Levoxl for Thyroid
    Ritalan for Energy
    Cymbalta (just started and I'm sick on my stomach so I don't think I'll take that anymore, Lexapro and Effexor didn't work either)
    TylenolArthritis (it helps ease the pain somewhat)

To be sensitive to med's is awful.

My memory left and it has refused to return! sometimes it shows itself just to let me know what I was missing, I think.

Be Well All.

2. lwhite1111

lwhite1111 New Member

Sometimes I can't remember from one moment to the next.

I too am afraid of meds. Stay away from Cymbalta. I was on it for a month and it is hell getting off. Baaaaad withdrawal. And strange side effects that left me feeling zombie-like. Now my doc wants me to try Gabatril for the anxiety/depression I experience with flare-ups. I looked it up today. STAY AWAY!! Look what I found...a warning from the FDA!

Gabitril Can Cause Seizures in Patients Without Epilepsy

That's all I need on top of everything else.

3. Lazy_Susan

Lazy_Susan New Member

I was just talking with my boyfriend about this, I'm about to get another doc after two years of no treatment on the 9th but am afraid of what I'm going to end up with. I seem to go from extreme treatment to none helpful. I wish I could get vicodin rather than methadone, which I refuse to take again. So I'm with nothing for pain now. I take OT motrin but it doesn't help. I know what you mean about the medications. It really bothers me how many people are suffering from this and the treatment is so controversial according to some docs. sigh Good luck to you.
  4. Lazy_Susan

Lazy_Susan New Member

LOL I started out to talk to you about memory and guess what! I forgot! LOL I know it's really not funny but my b'f and I were talking about my memory, how bad it's gotten. I forget what I'm saying in mid-sentence. But it's not b'c of medications, rather, the disorder itself, I realize now. I know b'c I'm not taking anything right now and haven't for two years. I haven't been able to afford medicine for two years.
  5. BelleoftheSouth

BelleoftheSouth New Member

Do I ever hear you. I may not remember but at least I can come back and read!

Lazy_Susan? How do you do it without meds? Does your State offer a Program?

I wish you well and I wish everyone here well too~

Take Care.