I found a cure,have my life back

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofiaroma, Jun 15, 2003.

1. sofiaroma

sofiaroma New Member

I have been suffering of post traumatic neck pain for about three years caused by whiplash. This past december when I came down with muscle pains and fatigue I went to see a neurologist who diagnosed me with postraumatic fbromyalgia. I was told that the damage the whiplash caused to my neck triggered the unset of fibromyalgia. I was given Vioxx which helped with my neck pain but not with the fibro,I had to stop taking it because it made my blood pressure pretty high. At that point I became desperate,the neck pain was getting really bad and the muscle pain was stopping me from living a normal life. I went to osco and bought liquid glucosamine(is a red bottle),started taking double doses for the first week,two tablespoons in the morning and two in the evening. After about a week my neck pain had almost disappeared and my fibromyalgia pain was diminished considerably.I kept on taking it and all I can tell you is that I have now been taking it for a month and I am pain free.With the neck pain I also used to have elbow and lower back pain,I also had restless nights or even if I did sleep I would wake up exausted.This is all gone, I am so thrilled to have my life back, I wish I would have known earlier about this.I also have my witt back,my mind was foggy all the time. My teen age daughter has noticed the change.With the glucosamine I also started taking MSM which is also sold at osco,I researched the studies that has been done on MSM,there have been hundreds done since the 60s. Even though it cures arthritis the government will not even look at it because is a natural compound and there is no money for the them to be made.Fibromyalgia itself is thought to maybe be a form of reumatic condition, many people with fibro are usually referred to a reumatologist. I just want everybody to know my good news, and to try it too, what do you have to loose, there are no side effect to either product because they are natural.Please post your outcome after you try it, I would love to hear how it worked for you.Here is a description of how I take the products.

JOINT MOVEMENT BY SIMTEC at Osco (liquid in a red bottle)about $15.00 WHEN ON SALE it will last about 15 days.
    is of pharmaceutical grade. it is advised onCE a day but I took double dosage for the first week,I read it somewhere on a medical web site that in order to saturate the system double dosage is advised during the first week. Use one of those cough syrup cups, is not as messy as the spoon.It is very sweet so have a glass of cold water ready when you take it.

MSM WITH GELATIN BY NATROL at Osco- there a many different sizes bottles and a capsules amounts for MSM. I bought the one that has 60 capsules 500 mg per serving (two capsules is one serving) It costed about 5.99 on sale and it will last you 15 days.
    I take two capsules in the morning and two around lunch or 3;oo in the afternoon at the latest. Do not take it later becuse you will have so much energy you will not be able to sleep.If you you stiil can't sleep (I experienced this,I had to do some cutting down,maybe then you need to take the second set of capsules around 1100 in the morning or just take one capsule instead of two.
    If you want to know more about MSM look for MSM STUDIES on the web. Good luck and God bless you,
    Sincerely yours,
    Sofia

I hope I am helping some of you
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I also had whiplash and a brain injury before my fibro. I've been taking high quality Glucosamine, MSM and Chondroitin at maximum doses for many years now (about 10) and am still sick with Fibro. It sounds like you have arthritis, not Fibro, because that is what Glusosamine works on. MSM can help fibro some, and is great for allergies.
    Whatever you have or had, I'm glad you are better, but many of us will not be helped much by this. I am taking it as a preventative of further damage in my neck and my knees, both of which have been operated on.
    I hope you continue to feel well.
    Klutzo
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I believe that many who get treatment in the early stages may be able to get their FMS into remission and if they are careful, can keep it in remission.

I have had a number of times in the last 12 years that my FMS has gone into relative remission only to reappear when there was another stress on my immune system. Had I gotten long-term antibiotic therapy when a mycoplasma infection first triggered my illnesses, I might have been able to put my illnesses into remission. As it was, after months of pain, stiffness, weakness, and fatigue, I went into at least a partial remission, but I was never the same after that.

Perimenopause brought on another flare. After an auto accident about four years ago, I flared again and went downhill til I was too sick to work about two and a half years ago. I've been on Doxycycline, Klonopin, and Guai, and it is helping me to get things back to a reasonable state. I believe when I am able to get some antiviral treatment, it will finally be the treatment which will help me to achieve remission again.

It appears we are genetically predispositioned toward our illnesses, so we need to be constantly vigilant against stressors which ill cause our immune systems to fail us. This is why I take the ImmunePlex denatured whey powder sold here and also ProHealth's colostrum. I'm helping my immune system recover while I treat the stressors on it.

If you can look back prior to your accident and find early-warning symptoms, you probably do have FMS. I say "do," not "did," because once you have it, you have it. There is no cure, but there is healing and remission. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  4. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Do you know if you can take MSM near the time you take hormones. I remember Madwolf said that you shouldn't take supplements in less than 6 hours after taking a hormone or you "piss it away".
    And one really stupid question. DHEA is a hormone isn't it?
    I got to wondering when I read glandular in the Wilson Book post.
    I've done research on DHEA but I can't seem to keep all this information straight.
    Thanks to this board I have Info. overload :p
    Thanks, Ziggy
  5. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

If we're on thyroid hormone we aren't supposed to take any supplements for at least 4, but preferably 6 hours later. Thyroid hormone inhibits the absorption and action of thyroid hormone, so it's like you're not taking anything at all.

Marilyn :)
  6. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

But, he went with the tablets, which we've both done for several months at a time without any relief for me & little for him. We're going to give it another try, but with the liquid. That would be easier for your system to break down & absorb. Thanks for the tip. dolsgirl
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

If you have not done it yet, go to the chronicfatigue website, click on "Go to the archives",then select "Nature of the chronic fatigue patient".
    IMO, This will fill in the missing puzzle piece as to why we are predisposed to this, and why stressors make it flare. Those danged adrenals!
    Klutzo
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My main reason for posting was not to rain on anyone's parade, but I am always concerned when someone thinks he or she is "cured." It can really set one up for a horrible fall if the remission does not hold. Remission is the best we can hope for at this point until there is a cure. When in remission, we still have to make lifestyle changes which will hold our illnesses at bay. Even with doing everything we can, we can't control everything and a stressor outside our area of control can send us back into a flare.

I'll check it out and thanks again.

Love, Mikie
  9. Stillkicking

Stillkicking New Member

It's nice you found something to treat your neck pain, but you can NOT say you are cured as long as you are on the medication. When you have stopped using the supplements for six months and are still well then you can say it.

This sounds like a advertisement for supplements.
  10. donna13210

donna13210 Member

So glad you are feeling better! I am going to think about your regimen. From the responses I can see not everyone has had luck with it, but you never know!

Just one thing about your statement:

"what do you have to loose, there are no side effect to either product because they are natural".

Please be careful about making this statement just because a product is "natural". Alot of people indeed do experience side effects from supplements, some of them pretty major. I think most of the message board members are aware of this, but probably not all.

Take care and I hope you continue to stay well!

11. sofiaroma

sofiaroma New Member

Hi, I am definetely not in to advertizing, if you read my post I purchased the supplement at Osco which I do not think it needs distributors. All I wanted to do was to talk about my recovery after taking it,I feel really good and wanted to share my story.Thank you for replying to my post anyway and God bless.
    Sofia
    Kansas City,Mo
  12. Wingingit

Wingingit New Member

Sofia,
    I just wanted to let you know that the same thing has happened with me!
    I wouldn't say I am cured, but I have had an amazing reduction in muscle pain, tightness, burning, since I began to take MSM and multivitamins with extra B vits.
    I too developed the excruciatingly painful spasms all over my body (but the worst and most persistent in the front of my legs below the knee and in my ankles. Nothing would help this pain and I was totally incapacitated and begging my husband to just shoot me...it was like no pain I had ever felt before.
    I developed this shortly after a physio therapist did a neck adjustment which caused me severe neck pain immediately and sent me to the ER for help. I was told I had spinal stenosis, osteorthritis, bone spurs encroaching on nerves etc. I was told this was degenerative (due to aging...I'm 44 and had no neck pain previously?)
    I am certain the adjustment injured my cervical spine the same way a whiplash would, and what a coincidence that we both developed the FMS symptoms afterward!
    My mother had told me about a niece who took MSM for FMS and it helped...so I tried it. I have been taking it for 6 months now and the pain level and frequency of these muscle pains has decreased dramatically! Unfortunately I can't say the same for my neck pain.
    I am a firm believer in post traumatic FMS and MSM.
    If only I could convince my doctor...maybe your post will help me do that.
    Thanks for this.
  13. Wingingit

Wingingit New Member

kid-sonny,
    would you be willing to share what sort of medications you are currently taking?
    When I told my GP about taking MSM and how it was helping me immensely, he flipped out and said that I should not be taking supplements because they may interact with medications. He had never heard of MSM and did not offer to research it. All of the literature I have read on MSM describes it as completely non-toxic, as safe as water and has never been shown to interact with any medications.
    Having said this, I thought you might want to mention the MSM to your doctor before taking it (hopefully he/she is not as closed minded or ignorant as mine when it comes to vitamins and supplements). My doc even flipped when I told him I was taking calcium/magnesium!!!
    Needless to say, I am taking the MSM anyway. It has not caused me any problems or side-effects and has provided incredible relief as far as muscular pain is concerned.
    I have tried numerous meds in the past for the neck/shoulder/back pain including anti-depressants, anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxants. I am now taking Oxycodone when the pain is severe, but the calcium/magnesium, multivitamins and MSM have helped me to greatly reduce the amount of narcotic pain medication I need to take.
    You can find many sources of information on MSM by doing a search on the internet.
    Please run this by your doctor before you use it.
    I wish you all the best in finding some relief.