I found a "new treat" that I just love Dried Blueberries

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Sep 10, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

One afternoon my grandson was at m y Mom's house and got in the cupboards and found a bag of dried blueberries anda started to eat them like they were the best candy he has ever had.

I thought that I would check it out and I LOVE the dried blueberries. I could eat them like candy as they are so sweet and so good and are good for you. But there is a HUGE down side. UNless you have a Discount chopping card like SAm's club or Cosco's .They cost in the grocery stores something like 4.00+ for 2 ounces so your spending
    more than $2.00 for an ounce. And as much as I love to eat them that is a bit on the spendy side.

And I don't have a Sam's club card so I am out of luck . My daughter had bought them there for $8.99 for 10 ounces I think. I know that blueberries are really good for you. And when you are eating the dried ones a serving is 1/3 of a cup and that is a god sized serving for something that is really good for you. I Just wish that they were not so spendy so I could buy them and have some on hand for the midnight cravings, It sure would be better than a cholocate bar.

I am tring to eat more healthy and have found a bread that is sold here in Logan that has a 5 seed bread. Yes is high in carbs but it really helps with so many other problems that I have had. And it tasetes so good. And I don't like most bread as they are not as tasty and this one has such a nice hard crust on it so you don't need to eat alot .

It is hard to find things that taste great for me. I am a picky eater and often get in to a rut of I want to eat...
    Such as first it was a wheat cracker that was really good for you but them you look on hte box and see the salt that is in it and about choke as it is far to much .

I had the I want the something sweet faze and Ben and Jerry's Chocolate cookie mint was the best thing I have ever had. And I ate it like it there was not going to be anymore. I really don't like to have these cravings that I get. AS some are not the best for you .....

I heard once that when you crave things it means your body is lacking in something in the food htat you crave is that true?

I have been snacking on crazions. Dried cranberries and they are really good for you as well. And they fill the I want something sweet to eat feeling that i get.

I know that since I found out that I had fibro I have had cravings that are not so good for me.. And I don't want to blame it on the fibro but I do wonder why is it that i crave thse things and some are not sweet .

maybe it is just me. I don't know. I have been working on eating better and getting more fruits in to my diet and since peaches are on here in Utah I am going to get some of them and just eat them fresh as they are so good and good for you as long as you leave off the cream & sugar.

I had one of the best peaches I haev ever had the other day , it was so sweet and juicey that I had to buy a few and then lasted only a day or two.

Jusg asking do any of you have cravings for foods? OR is this just me? I din't used to have these cravings and suddenly I have them and it gets frustrating that I really want some thing like the ice cream that is first spendy and is not the best food I could be eating.

Well I am starting to ramble on . Adn I should be in bed now. thanks for listening to my rambing on about my cravings. I just don't know why it is thatI seem to have them more now than I did before I was DX'd with fibro. I know that it does not make any scense.

Thanks any way.
    HUGS,
    Rosemarie
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I love fresh blueberries, but have never had the dried ones. I've always been a big fruit lover so I would probably like them. That's one thing I love about summer-all the fresh fruits and veggies. Unfortunately, that season is passing here in Michigan and some fruits like blueberries are now $4.00 a pound for the fresh ones. Sometime I will have to give the dried ones a try.

Yes, I sometimes have food cravings-I know part of that is because of the meds I am on. Unfortunately, I sometimes have cravings for sweets-especially chocolate. Although I am hearing that chocolate is good for one, but only in small portions and especially the dark chocolate.

Ellen
  3. cats3

cats3 New Member

I just love blueberries!!

There is a web site called the blueberry store.

You can get dried blueberries there.
    3oz bag for 2.95

They also have a printed catalog that you can request.

4. 2BDreamer

2BDreamer New Member

Have you ever tried frozen Blueberries? They are like having a popsicle to me and a good after dinner treat in the summer.