I found a TRIGGER (On happy day)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by romanshopper, Aug 31, 2006.

1. romanshopper

romanshopper New Member

I've been very carefully noting what happens when I get sick.

I'd figured out going out in public made me get sick a lot. I thought bugspray (we don't use that here as DS is highly allergic and we nearly lost him when he was little when I sprayed....) or maybe it was exhaust fumes which made me sick when I was pregant.

So I thought maybe it might be those things. Short trips to a very close store don't bug me though.

BUT...

Tuesday afternoon had felt GREAT - even got out and did a hike in the woods. Worked in the house - great night.

Yesterday morning - woke up feeling great - went to the store close by...but

PAVING - had to stop for the workers for about 8 minutes...

The asphalt was going down and flying up on my car and I just went pLUNK from 90% normal and great to 10% OMG I AM GOING TO DIE WITH PAIN.
    Also tons of brain fog just all at once. Could I even make it home?

I was sick sick all yesterday - diarhea, pain, could NOT walk - But I am now certain one of my worst triggers is asphalt fumes.

I am in Georgia and the fibro has always been worse in the hottest months. Could that be the asphalt fumes in the heat being worse?
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

It does seem like a quick plummet...could you try wearing a mask when you go out? Or keep one near that you could put on when they are asphalting? It might help you from crashing. Sounds like MCS....multiple chemical sensitivity. At least now you know! Terri
  3. shartau

shartau New Member

It seems that a sub set of us cannot rid our bodys of heavy metals and VOC's
    Volitile Organic Compounds.OIL ! Where I live they stilll oil the roads.This drops me like a stone. I really have no ideas. Persons not afflicted with ME / CFIDS should be able to detox in a sauna. However I think I could not tolerate the heat.